Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2009
Country
US
State
GA
I hate the hot weather down here in southern Georgia. It makes me miserable and, since my Fibro already takes up so much of my time and misery I was juat thinking maybe some of us feel the same. So, please share how you feel with the heat and Fibro at the same time.

I have one friend with fibro who loves the heat because she has less flares during the hot months. The minute it gets a little cold, the higher level of pain starts and lasts for months over winter.

My *other* friend is thrilled when summer is over because she feels so much better when fall arrives and the heat/humidity is gone.

Bottom line is that everyone is different. I'm sorry to hear that it's the heat that bothers you most. I know how hot and humid Georgia can be for much of the year.

With my husband and his pain issues, it seems like he has the most pain when it is really cold outside. However, when it does start to get really hot outside he has a lot of issues as well. In all honesty, I think for him to be able to thrive that he needs to live somewhere that the temperature stays around 70 degrees all year round.

I agree with all of you. The severe cold tortures me just as bad as the really hot and humid weather. I can not thank you all enough for the comments to this thread. It really made me very cheery and took my mind off the hot weather.

Seems like anything over eighty degree and below sixty cause my fibromyalgia to act like a fool. I don't want to be touched everything starts aching. In the summer and winter I'm stuck inside the house managing my flare-ups. I have the same problem with showers as well. Water has to be slightly higher than lukewarm. My kids take hotter showers than me.

I seem to have difficulty with temp. lower or higher than around 67 or 70. Humid weather causes me problems. I end up having to stay in a lot like many of you because of Fibro and some other health issues.

I felt awesome this spring. The winter nearly killed me (pain wise), but not that it's humid and summer storming I am once again HURTING! It's a bummer because I really didn't see this coming. I forgot that the flare up that got me diagnosed happened in the summer of last year. Part of me thinks if I could just move to San Diego all would be well! No rain...No winter.... Perhaps we should start a fibro commune there?!

It seems that we all have the same issues with the really hot and cold months. I had an awesome spring and fall this past year. The winter was brutal and, it already seems like this aummer is well on its way to being very painful for us all.

I seem to have difficulty with temp. lower or higher than around 67 or 70. Humid weather causes me problems. I end up having to stay in a lot like many of you because of Fibro and some other health issues.

Wow, I had no idea that there were others who really minded the hot weather, I thought most people with fibro only felt bad when it gets too cold. And here I was thinking I was special, lol. JK! But for real... it sucks to live in a place with very hot summers and springs and extremely cold winters. Over here the summers are very hot, but the winters are mild.

I hate the hot weather down here in southern Georgia. It makes me miserable and, since my Fibro already takes up so much of my time and misery I was juat thinking maybe some of us feel the same. So, please share how you feel with the heat and Fibro at the same time.

They say this might be an even more hot summer, even hotter than last year. I hate the weather over here, but I'm so happy than lately the weather is really cool and rainy, so that does help a lot! I feel terrible when the weather is too hot or too cold... I find it easier when is hot tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back