Status
Not open for further replies.
Stress is a very bad thing. I always prefer to not be stressed. Some time ago I had many acnes. This disease was caused for the stress. Stress is the worst and we must stop it, if we want to be free.

I am a newbie to this group. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 10 years ago after contracting west nile meningitis then encephilitis. It has been an ongoing struggle. I am having a flare up now because of stress. In the past two weeks, one of my sons friends past away at the age of 17 and two days ago my nieces best friend committed suicide. The stress along with horrible weather with storms has kicked me into this flare up that won't seem to go away. The depression is awful. I can't get out of bed. I have three kids. They were 2, 6 and 8 when I was diagnosed. It has been a long road. I am so glad to find others like me. This is an awful illness to deal with when no one understands what it is. I am glad to get your opinions and advice. Today is just a bad day. My bones are aching and my head killing me today. I do have a great neurologist that I see every four months. Chronic pain is worst but soaking in bath with Epsom salt always helps me.

Sesame23, A warm welcome to the forum, im a newbie too! I am so sorry for your losses and can understand clearly how this has impacted on you. l fully understand that you will have to rest as much as possible to combat the flare up. Ive been struggling with
with fibro, fatigue & chronic pain for five years and its really getting difficult to manage the days. Try to only do things that are absolutely
necessary & read positive things to lift the mind & have warm showers or baths. YES i agree Epsom salts is soothing. l do hope you get support & understanding...tender hugs from england u.k :)

I'm so sorry that you lost your job, people will never understand this condition unless they live with it themselves. Yes, any type of negative stress will make your symptoms worse. You have to do good things for yourself and just keep hanging in there as you try different things that might relieve some of your symptoms. I really believe that emotional stress is a major trigger for Fibromyalgia as well as for most other conditions. When your body is in a constant state of flight or fight, it drains every part of you from the physical to the emotional. You have to eat really well, get enough sleep everyday, and do some form of exercise to keep your symptoms at bay. Meditation and music do seem to help me to cope with this condition a lot of times when I just don't think that I can go on one more day. I hope that some of these suggestions will help you to feel better. I hope that you feel better soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back