DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
03/2009
Country
US
State
GA
Hello Everyone,

I'm new here but I have been fighting with Fibromyalgia and chronic pain since 2009. I have had RA since I was 12 and was in remission for several years. In 2007 I needed to have my lower back fused. And unfortunately in 2013 my now exhusband gave me the herpes virus. I have not been able to work since 2009 and I am now on Social Security Disability. Each day is always different. I have good days and then way to many bad days.Sometimes I feel very lost.

I am sorry to hear of all your ailments Melissa. I hope this forum can guide you appropriately and give you some sort of comfort in knowing that other people are going through similar experiences such as you are. By RA you mean rheumatoid arthritis correct ? Wow that is an auto immune disorder but I have never heard it diagnosed at such a young age. Very unfortunate.

You are correct Wulfman rheumatoid arthritis has been a part of my life along time. The doctor back then said it was juvenile rheumatoid arthritis and even made the comment that I would probably grow out of it. Bit of course that was back then when science didn't really have a grasp on it. I did go in a remission state for quite awhile. I have had both my knees operated on several times throughout my years. It really wasnt until 2007 it came back full force. And now it's cleary here to stay.

I have noticed that really most of the medications seemed to be more harmful than good. Lets tear down on part of the body while we easy the pain of another part. I'm trying some natural products and diet to see if I can get back some part of my life. I know it wont ever be the same but I would like to just enjoy whats left of it. My emotions seem to go up down and sometimes uncontrollable it really sucks.

Hi Melissa. I too had/have JRA in my knees, diagnosed at age 3. I'm curious about your blood work. What do they look like? RF, ANA, ESR...?
Glad you found this forum. You are NOT alone!

Hi there Melissa! Welcome to the forum. I hope you enjoy your stay here. Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back