Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
10/2014
Country
US
State
CT
I hate being in so much pain all the time. I mean im tired to, so tired. but the pain is what really irks me. I am so sore and achey and just want to cry in a ball sometimes. laying in bed doesnt even help anymore because then im just laying in pain thinking about the pain. tylenol doesnt do crap anymore. im only on day 3 of the flexiril and its not helping the pain at all. i wish the dr couldve given me some sort of pain killer. as much as i dont want to become depandant on pain medicine i just REALLY want some sort of relief. i have smoked pot in the past to ease the pain but i currently dont have any, and am unsure if im going to continue with that method unless i can do so legally.
im just at wits end. i take hot showers, i ues heating pads. ice. everything and i am just so uncomfertable.

Hello Idlehour. I'm sorry you have this going on but we all do here. I'm on a drug patch for chronic pain that does not treat or affect the fibro. There are several meds a doc can start you on but it's always trial and error as everyone is different. Some supplements that help me are vit. D ( I was checked and although at the time I was outside 12 hours a day for months it was low). Also B complex helps me with energy, and magnesium is common to help with muscle pain and sleep (be careful! start slow on that stuff).I'm weaning off Cymbalta and going to try 5-htp or Sam e to try to get off the chemicals. There is much info. on this site. I encourage you to dive in and do some research. It's real important to keep your spirits up, pace yourself and have an attitude of gratitude, those are truly pain "meds" all can practice. I know when I have lunch with a friend the constant pain goes in the background for awhile. Hope this helps; of course there are the days when we have to just endure. Ice and heat are my friends! Abundant blessings.

thank you for the suggestions. currently the only other thing i take is a multivitamin and a probiotic. i do have an artificial sun lamp tho that i think im going to start using again because i used it a few years ago in the winter and it helped perk me up a bit. i just wish i had some pain killers for the reall hard times like this weekend i had a horrible flare up and the pain was so crippling and i had nothing to take to ease my suffering except tylenol. the flexeril isnt really working. but i did go for a short walk when it was sunny out so i am trying to keep going and not let this illness keep me down.
its nice to have these forums were there are people who understand. i dont have much support in my real life.

I'm so sorry you are going through such pain. I have had hydrocodone available to me for several years now and have never felt addicted. If I'm having a bad day(s), I take them. Sometimes it takes several rounds for them to work. Sometimes it's just one or two. When my pain is at a tolerable level, I don't use them. Have you had a problem with drug or alcohol addiction? If not, then I'd ask your physician. I see you take Topamax, I assume for migraines. I couldn't take it. Spaced me out so bad I couldn't put two words together. I hope it's helping you. Since my heart attack, I was taken off all of my migraine meds. My neurologist is trying a couple of other unusual meds, but they seem to be working so far.

Have you considered also meeting with a pain psychologist? They can really help your mindset around pain. I have a lot of health issues and so I was going to a pain psychologist and my counselor. They both were helpful. Keep your spirits up and when you're having a flare, just roll with it. Don't let it get you down. It is what it is and you can find things to help, but it's who you are. I found accepting that was very empowering. Once I did, life has been so much better. I still have a majority of my days as bad days, but I don't fight it. On my good days, I rejoice! Good luck to you and continue to stay in touch. It's a good forum....Take care Idlehour....Gentle hugs from me to you....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back