DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2012
Country
US
State
OH
Hey everybody, Im Nathan.
I was just wondering if anyone knows of treatments/medications that have been/are being tested for adolescents. Im 16, and was diagnosed with fibromyalgia 2 years ago. After two years of trying different meds, combos of meds, diets, homeopathic methods, accupuncture, therapy, and increasing my overall physical health, I ended up going through and becoming resistant to every adolescent tested pain medication my many rheumotologists, psychiatrists, neurologists, and general physicians could think of.
After 2 years of trying pain meds, my liver now runs on overdrive some days, burning through medication, while others it fails to work at all. My stomach lining is destroyed after being too nautious to eat from taking lyrica and other meds in its family, then taking anti-inflammation meds, thus destroying my stomach. I now have no apetite, weighing on average 105lbs at a height of 5'10".
Ive tried lyrica, every anti-inflammitory tested for kids, anti-depressants that deal with blocking nerve signals. I was on Dr. bowersox's homeopathic method for 9 months to no avail, have tried physical therapy of every kind and even tried specified shock therapy.
Do you know of any other method? My doctors have pretty much given up, and are just giving my antidepressants, anti-anxiety, and arthritis meds to keep me functional until Im 18 and they can try my old meds in higher doses.

How close is Barberton to Cleveland? The Cleveland Clinic has a fibro clinic. Check out them out; there might be some answers for you there. Or perhaps your docs can follow up there. Worth a shot.

Ive been to Cleveland clinic a lot, theres where I gof lyrica and wellbutrin. Also spent near a quarter of a year at Akron Children's.
Thank you for the reminder though, Ill see if I can head to cleveland and see if they have new ideas!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back