Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
02/2015
Country
US
State
CO
Brand new here. Just diagnosed with FM on February 11. Still in partial denial I guess, but the diagnosis explains a lot of symptoms / complaints I have had for quite some time. My RA Doc was extrememly patient (and thorough) with me. The toughest part I have now is starting to realize it won't just "go away". My specifics are racking pain in my hips, and center low back, with severe tightness in upper legs and some shoulder and neck pain. The "center piece" is almost constant headache on the left side behind my eye.

Soooo..... Doc sez the people he treats that have the most success are those that choose to "own it". So by God, I'm starting to make payments now!

My first questions are about exercise. I used to run / jog, but that's not in the cards right now. I have been starting (low intensity) yoga, but the stretching damn near kills me. I can walk at a medium pace forever (once I get started - the painful part), but am trying to figure out a way to ratchet up the effort without going backwards. He suggested swimming. Anybody else try that? I really have to get going again, I am retiring from my "real job" in a few months, and I need to be back in shape to climb 14'ers again!

The pain just plain sucks. Doc gave me a scrip for Tramadol. Works pretty good for quieting some/most of the pain, but I'm trying not to get reliant on it.

Looking forward to learning more on these pages!

StartnL8 in Colorado.

startln8, welcome to the group.. sorry your having to go through this. you have many payments as you say to go. First you do have to come to terms with is Fibro is real. next thing is your family wont believe it. you can try the cloths pin on them so they will believe.

exercise: i use a bodyblade. no running at all. low impact and it works all the muscles in the body at once. being muscles are the heart of the problem i use this and muscles relaxers. muscles is what holds the joints together and sends the messages to the brain to send pain. they are the watch dogs of the body so to speak.

Start a log book to keep track of your meds and symptoms. you will read im my previous posts all about it. this will help with your doctor.
sounds like you have a good GP for clods and flu. the PM sounds like her/she cares and want to help you. your RA not sure as mine never did anything but take blood work and charge my insurance $450.

Read learn and grow. reply to posts and ask question as often as you need. use us to vent to, it helps.

good luck and may you have many good days ahead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back