Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2015
Country
US
State
IL
Im going to apologize now before I even start. Im not one to complain but it seems lately nothing is helping , cant sleep, cant sit, cant walk no matter what I do I hurt more everyday. Im trying to keep working but have missed the last 3 days of work because I just cant move. havent left my house in 3 days. Meds arent working anymore. I just dont know what to do.Not sleeping makes the flares worse for sure. The last 2 days all I can do is cry and its not just the nights. thanks for listening

Oh sweetpea i feel for you. We try so hard deal with so much pain and fatigue try soooooooooo hard to keep our spirits up and be good brave people and then the bloomin fibro gets worse on its own and we have nothing left to fight with!

I am feeling the same honestly i really do get it and am thinking of you. I have been moaning and telling my story all over the place on here....it gives me something to do and a place to be, not just here alone in my house unable to do much and feeling useless and despairing.

As you have been better than you re now so recently there must be a very high chance this flair will pass .....i hope it is soon, Gentle hugs

Hi Sweetpea,
I'm sorry that you're feeling so awful. Sending hugs and wishes that this flare of yours will be over soon.

One thing that has really helped me is pool therapy. The water is 92 degrees or so and its like wrapping yourself in a big warm wet blanket. After a couple of weeks I felt so much better, of course the place I went to was bought by one of the hospitals. They were closed for awhile and when they opened again the hours were very limited to just 2 days/wk and only an 1 1/2 in the AM and 1 1/2 hours in the PM. It just didn't work for me. Luckily, I found a pool much closer to my home.

I know right now you can't hardly move so I wonder if you could use heating pads or your bathtub. I also use medical marijuana to help with my pain. Usually I just smoke it at night bc the pain is worse then.

I understand the feeling of despair. I get very depressed sometimes and feel like my family would be better off if I weren't around sucking up a giant amount of money in dr bills and medication.

Sometimes my flares last 5 days or so before I get a new one or a day off. When you're in pain, its hard to sleep. That's a proven fact. Two nights ago I was up until 10 AM. Finally got 5 hours of sleep, got up and ate, took meds and went back to sleep for another 2 hours. I'm a 10- 12 hours of sleep gal but I'll take what I can get.

Actually, I think the bout of insomnia I am currently experiencing is from a corticosteroid shot I was given a few days ago to help with the swellings I have been having.

Best wishes for restful sleep.

SweetPea

I'm in the middle of a 6mon flare up and there are lots and lots of crying and screaming days --- somedays I plan my sch around the pending insomnia --- a few things that help me get through the pain is what I call a pain shower --- a warm shower for at least 15 minutes -- lowers the pain level --- I became a marijuana proponent after it turned fibro on its "A" it works physically and helps on the mental downer that fibro causes --- also do you have FMLA (Family Medical Leave Act) this is essential with fibro because not being able to work causes its own level of stress and in my experience it prolongs the episode .. Fibro is an unforgiving beast --- I gave up on expecting it to be anything but relentless -- navigating and tricking fibro seem to be my best weapons --- and ur mental state is one of your most valuable tools -- the drugs and the pills will not work forever ---- but creating a happy space does help --- the days that Fibro is tipping at a 10 means it time for Kanika to spoil herself -- relaxing shower -- soft PJ's ( fibro makes you sensitive to most fabrics) followed by whatever distracts me for the moment --- soft music -- favorite tv program -- even crying --- ... You were just recently diagnosed and the beginning is a little hard because your trying to balance fibro with the part of you that just can't believe you have this ... It does get better --- and it is very manageable -- but for now cry it you have to -- don't hold back --- don't ever apologize ...

So sorry you are dealing with all thus Sweatpea! Sending gentle hugs...

Thanks for all your hugs and understanding. I didnt realize just how much it helps.

Hello Sweatpea,

I am with you. It's hard when the pain is sooo strong. I hope it will fade away completely one day. Normally, for me, nothing will ease my pain when it is too strong :,( but during ''normal days'' when I can cope with pain it helps me to do these things: warm bath, gentle walk, music, hypnosis, art therapy, gentle gardening... I will also try the warm pool bath pretty soon... hope this will help me too...

Here is a song for you (I like to listen too) : Journey To Nepal ( Full Album ) - YouTube

Hope you will get a little better pretty soon...

LoVe xx

Marie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back