Not open for further replies.

thupp06

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
OH
I'd like to introduce myself: My name is Teresa I live in Ohio with my husband and three children. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia a couple years ago. I currently stay at home due to not being able to hold an outside job due to health concerns and not to mention the cost of daycare is ridiculous! I used to take lyrica for my fibro but it literally made me feel like I was on a drunken stupor and I told the dr I will deal with the pain med free as long as I can so I currently take aleve when needed and it eases my aches enough to cope with, but I've become so used something always hurting that most days I just keep myself going. The worst thing I've noticed about it all is these crazy headaches that I continue to get...ugh no relief there. Hope to get to know you all a little better while I'm here!

Hi Teresa,
Welcome to the forum. I know the constant pain you speak of. I use over-the-counter drugs for my pain as well, mainly because I am allergic to all the meds used in treatment of fibro. It seems with fibro it is possible to get weird migraine headaches that don't always follow the same path or symptoms, that regular migraines generally do. the headaches can be in one place or move around. They can cause vision problems or throbbing pain.

For headaches I try to stay laying down in a darkened room. I use cold cloths on my head and neck, and lay still. Somedays they last several days. and other times I fall asleep and wake up and the pain is gone.

Try reading through the back posts on pain management as several other people have mentioned the headache related pain, and you might find some useful tips in dealing with them.

Continue reading and posting more questions and we will all try to help you with any symptom that is giving you grief. See you around the forum. :)

I will certainly spend some time reading through some posts. I get so frustrated with it all sometimes. Thank you for your response and insight! I am willing to take any advice readily handed out to hopefully help with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back