Not open for further replies.

csmith225

Diagnosis
07/2013
Country
US
State
FL
From the left side of my neck , shoulders are tight like tennis balls , the entire left upper half is really bad, I mean throbbing and all. Nothing is helping HElP!:shock:

I've taken muscle relaxer, pain pill, hot shower, tried to rub it myself. Can't sleep wt?

I wish I had an answer, I'm experiencing the exact same thing right now.
I've seen a chiropractor, massage therapist, emercency room doc, heat, ice, the list goes on.

The only thing that sort of helped was a dose of lorazepan the Dr gave me at hospital to relax my muscles. But one dose doesn't last very long. I feel your pain.

I hope you feel better soon, sorry I couldn't help :(

Try heating a towel or blanket in your dryer and laying down and draping the warmed cloth over the painful tight areas at night.

If that does not help get a friend to help and heat a wet towel in the microwave, not hot enough to burn your fingers but just so it is warm. Lay a thick dry towel over the painful area, then place the hot wet towel on top. When the wet one cools off reheat it. This is where your friend can help so you are not having to get up and down. Do it a few times a day, until the muscles lossen up.

Heating pads can be used for short periods or get a hot water bottle to use at night. By keeping the area warm not cold, and using a mild pain reliever, your muscles should loosen up soon.

If all else fails make a appointment to get a light massage. :)

I woke up this morning to a spasm, but was able to rub it out and seems you already tried that. My neck and chest are tight and I'm just dealing with that. My back did flare up a couple weeks ago on one side and I couldn't walk for days. I actually used the heating pad on it all day and night and it finally let up after a few days, maybe 5 or so. I know that's not promising, but I'm with 1sweed above me saying to try the heat. It helped my back.

I find Tiger Balm works well it you don't mind the smell. Good luck.

Thanks everyone, the heat helped some but I ended up getting a new muscle relaxer and heat. I think I may have to go back to therapy again. It seems like my body isn't lasting long without it.

Sorry to hear you are going tru this :( I hope you feel better, and the therapy really helps you. I guess you really need to find what really works for you, best of luck *HUGS*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back