Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
So, I have known that I have had the Epstein Barr virus for almost 20 years. I just recently had a blood test done, and today my doctor called and told me that I needed to go gluten free. I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia and CFS, but I'm wondering if it could be related to the gluten? I don't know, we'll see I suppose.

Did you have a celiac test done?

If your body does not tolerate gluten you may experience symptoms similar to Fibro and CFS. Google Celiac Disease and see if your symptoms match.

Otherwise I'm not sure why your doctor (unless homeopathic) would instruct you to stop eating gluten.

Oh no - I got tested for that same virus (I don't have it,) but I read up on it because doctors thought I might have it. That's a really hard one to deal with. I'm so sorry.

While I don't know if going gluten free will solve your issues, I do know that it's actually really easy to do once you get used to it. I'm allergic to wheat again (I was born allergic to wheat, then tolerated it during my teenage years, but once I hit about 22-23 my wheat allergy came back. I know about giving up gluten.) If you do it right, you'll lose a weight and gain energy anyway. Gluten-free floury foods are NOT worth it - they are very high in starch to make up for the lack of gluten, which means the glycemic index is very high on them. Eating too much of them can be worse for you than eating whole wheat. Give up sandwiches, wraps, pizza, crackers, breaded foods, and anything else with flour in it. Instead, use lettuce in place of bread for wraps or put all the sandwich ingredients into a salad instead. I promise you'll find out if going gluten free helps you so much faster and more easily if you avoid all flour.

Good luck! Have fun with it - experiment, try new foods, cook in new ways... might as well learn to enjoy the dietary change.

I really think you should try going gluten-free. It might not be easy at first, but you should really try it and see if there is any improvement. I might actually go for it later on, because to be honest I don't think gluten is doing any good to us anyway :) I often wonder if I could be suffering from celiac disease? I have so many digestive issues and nothing seems to help.

If you go gluten free, then please let us know, I'd really like to know if that worked for you or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back