Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
TX
So, I've tried about a million muscle rub creams. I don't really think they work. I've tried Icy Hot and generic ones but they don't really do anything to help with any pain that I've seen. Maybe I'm not buying the right stuff, lol. I was thinking about trying Tiger Balm, but with the lack of success I've had with other muscle rubs, I haven't bought it yet. Do any of you have any muscle creams that you use that actually work?

I also now get regular relaxing massages. I have back spasms, neck pain and headaches so will have the massage therapist focus on the areas that are tight/stiff and then nicely give me a relaxing full-body massage. It's an hour and a half. I've been doing that for over a year and that seems to be a nice temporary relief. That doesn't answer your question, but was just something I wanted to throw out there.

About a month ago, I had someone give me a very small amount of cream made with marijuana to rub on my neck and temples for my headaches. (I live in Washington State and I got a medical card just in case, even though I know it will be legal to have it.) After about 4 applications, I was sold. The first times, I kept thinking, "Maybe it was just a fluke." It wasn't. I informed him that it worked and I wondered if he could get me more. The person who made it was excited that it helped so made more using coconut oil and practically gave it to me. He said he does it to help people. The amount I got is enough to last me a year so I've started using it on other parts of my body that are in pain. It's helped. I have provided some to my mother who suffers from hip and knee pain and it's helped her as well. I don't know if it's an option for you where you live, but if it is, find a reputable person who knows how to make it and have them make you a batch. The second batch I was given I'm told is very strong (and smells like it). The only down side is you can't really wear it out anywhere unless you want to smell like a stoner.... :)

I've never even thought of marijuana cream. What a great idea! Too bad I live in Texas. That's just such a good idea. I could definitely see how that would work wonders, honestly. I swear, as soon as medical marijuana is legal here, I'm going to find someone who makes marijuana cream so I can try it. That's just such a great idea and would help so many people. Thanks for that idea. I'm going to keep this in mind until I can legally get it, lol!

Do you know any friends or family who live in a legal state? You could visit and try some out! Maybe a move is in order. Seriously, I'm glad I could at least offer a possibility.

Tiger balm does feel good temporarily for surface muscle pain, but not deep pain. It helps when I'm "on the go." But truthfully, regular detox baths (epsom salt, apple cider vinegar, and kelp in hot water for 30 min), massage, and sweating treatments (like infrared saunas) do so much more for my muscles. I try to hold out for one of those options instead of using creams.

I hate smelling like topical creams and can't deal with how cold I feel from some cold topicals.

True, epsom salt baths do help also!....I have not tried apple cider vinegar or kelp. I love massages. They don't last, but sure do feel good and help for a few hours anyway....

Yeah, I actually use a wonderful gel that is made with naproxen and some other drug. I actually notice a lot relief after applying it on the affected area, but sadly it doesn't lasts too long. Still, having it nearby is better than having nothing to treat pain. Plus I love the fact it isn't so expensive and isn't a oily cream, it's actually a gel that can be absorbed very easily by the skin. Sadly I don't think you can get it, since this is a Mexican product sold only at some stores over here, the kind of stores where you can find herbs and teas...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back