Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a very, very picky family. My plan is to introduce it in small doses. I haven't had the energy to cook dinner the past few months, so I think they'll be happy that I'm doing anything. I made chicken stir fry last night with minute rice (gluten free!). My daughter was the only one home. I put just the vegis she likes on her plate with the chicken on top of the rice. She said she tried the vegis but ate everything else. I was okay with that. She tried it. I have some girlfriends (one in particular) who have studied gluten free and other healthy eating. A few of us are going to meet next Thursday and get educated. I have been amazed at the knowledge and support I have from my friends. I went to a bag sales party last Saturday. My friend made all 100% gluten free snacks. It was awesome!

Meh, I'll get through this. I'll be just happy if I can gain the energy to cook again. I miss it.....

Awesome! I'd love to do the same, going gluten-free! I'd still miss pizza and cookies, but I'm sure we can find ways to replace that! I love cooking, but lately I no longer feel the same amount of enthusiasm. Best of luck with your new gluten-free diet :) Btw, have you noticed any positive changes yet?

Hey Trellum! No I have not noticed any change. I haven't met with friends like we planned, but have been just eating basic meals. I still don't have much energy to cook or appetite. I've read just recently that lack of appetite is also a symptom. I hadn't heard that before. And also, along with that, very slow metabolism. Duh! That makes sense. I hope you are feeling better. I haven't been on for a while. I'm still on medical leave, but have a lot to think about and figure out for next steps....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back