Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
Hi Everyone...just thought I'd check in and say hi as I wait to see what effects my activities today will have on my body...My sister is refurbishing her back yard sitting area...she got four new sling chairs at Target in a pretty teal color so we went to Lowes yesterday and bought paint to re-paint a black wood rocker to match the chairs...that is what I did today .....bend, squat, sit, stretch.....just finished taking a hot shower and am sitting on a heating pad to fend off the impending onslaught of "been hit by an 18 wheeler feeling" that I get when I attempt to be normal and take on a chore....

It's the litle things...at least I accomplished something today...:smile: Hope you all are having a low pain level day!

Well, it's been two days now... how did it turn out for you? I really hope that 18 wheeler didn't get anywhere near you, and that the thing you feared about the onslaught of pain didn't happen!

Thanks Mariposa, I was sore but instead of a fibro flare, I woke up with a horrible sinus infection, hacking, sore throat...went right to the walk in clinic and got an antibiotic, antihistimine and steroid...the worse part is the sore throat (haven't had that in years) so I am drinking al ot of hot liquids which helps ...oh well, I'll survive! Hope your Memorial Weekend is finding you resting comfortably.

Know the feeling I spent several hours working in the yard yesterday, so also waiting the hit by a semi felling.

Thanks Mariposa, I was sore but instead of a fibro flare, I woke up with a horrible sinus infection, hacking, sore throat...went right to the walk in clinic and got an antibiotic, antihistimine and steroid...the worse part is the sore throat (haven't had that in years) so I am drinking al ot of hot liquids which helps ...oh well, I'll survive! Hope your Memorial Weekend is finding you resting comfortably.

So sorry to hear that! Been suffering with a terrible sinus infection/swelling for weeks now. I completely feel your pain, but at least you got diagnosed early :) and are taking the right meds! Are you doing the sinus rinse? I tried it the other day, not as bad as I thought :)

I'm sitting here with my husband, shaking my head, yep, yep....I totally get what you're saying. Kurt asked me what I was smiling and commenting on so I told him. He asked more questions and now has even more info to help him understand what it's like. Thank you for helping me with an educational moment with Hubby! I hope you're doing okay. I know, these diseases are so unpredictable. Tuesday I had an AWESOME day! I worked the first full day in probably 2 months. I enjoyed my day, but was cautious and didn't overdo. Well, Wednesday, I woke up (actually didn't) with severe fatigue. Why? Now I'm home with both fatigue and wicked headache. My motto? Keep doing those afternoons outside working and you may be lucky. Don't put your life on hold. If you're able to go and do, go for it. I leave in 2 days on an Alaskan cruise. I've been scared to death I will feel like poop. I paid more and bought a room with an unobstructed view so that if I have a flare-up, I can still see outside. Last week, the excitement kicked in. I can't wait! I'm going to enjoy myself. We'll do what I can. We'll take it a day at a time. And, I get 7 nights with just my husband (except for the other 14 people there to celebrate his dad's 75th birthday). No kids, no responsibilities, no commitments.....Wish me luck ladies and gentlemen!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back