Heat and humidity makes me red and grumpy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loftpat

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2013
Country
US
State
ME
I'm begging the weather goddess for a rip roaring thunderstorm to clear the air. (I'll live with the migraine.) Walked to our beach with my granddaughter and didn't think I would make it back home. I know weather bothers many of us, but does anyone else have problems with "overheating?" My family was concerned at how red I was and my temp was 102. I've always been a outdoor gal and never had these problems before.

I know weather bothers many of us, but does anyone else have problems with "overheating?" My family was concerned at how red I was and my temp was 102. I've always been a outdoor gal and never had these problems before.

I've never been able to be in the heat for long periods at a time (not fibro related... it's been like that even as a child.)

I have to say that heat stroke occurs when core body temp reaches 105 (although I've also heard 104) so I hope you'll be able to find a way to avoid it happening again in the future. Scary stuff. :cry:

Dehydration is a contributing factor with heat stroke, too, so I *try* to remember to take water with me when I'm going to be outside for any length of time... but a drink with electrolytes is even better, of course.

Thanks, Mariposa. I never go anywhere without my water bottle. Anywhere! Guess it might be time to invest in a sun hat.

Thanks, Mariposa. I never go anywhere without my water bottle. Anywhere! Guess it might be time to invest in a sun hat.

I think that's a very good idea. :grin: And I hope you never have to deal with this again!

Can you tolerate GatorAde? My hubby has a problem with being in the heat too long, and he's been buying that when he has a lot of yard work to do. Those electrolytes have really made a difference in the way he feels after coming back inside after hours in the sun.

On the other hand, my daughter's tummy won't let her drink it, so she has to stick with plain water.

Last edited:
Something like that happened to my poor mother, I honestly thought I was seeing my mom die before my eyes, that's one of the most scary things a daughter could ever see. It turned out to be dehydration. I felt a lot relief to see her recovering, but I swear I really thought she was dying. We were having lunch and she said she felt weird. She later told me she also thought she was dying.

Something like that happened to my poor mother, I honestly thought I was seeing my mom die before my eyes, that's one of the most scary things a daughter could ever see.

I'm sorry you had to go through this... I can't even imagine. :-( I heard recently about someone collapsing after being out in the heat. They didn't want to have to use a restroom in the middle of nowhere so they didn't drink. Yikes!

Well bottom line to *that* one is that the electrolytes were so messed up that they ended up being hospitalized and had a pacemaker put in. Now, I'm not saying the cause was being out in the heat, but the person seems to have made a habit of doing this, so I'm wondering if it could have caused the heart issue because of low electrolytes... maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back