Reason
Undiagnosed
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
WA
Cant think of why its taken me this long to join a group. I have suffered for 13 years now. It all started with my first hip replacement in 2003 at the age of 35 when active joint replacements were still in an expiremental stage. Since, I had a second replacement on the other hip in 2008, when the surgery was acceptable in Washington state. For years doctors treated me like I was a drug addict just trying to get more pain medicine and I was making symptoms up. I finally got in touch with a pain medicine doctor in 2008 and I live each day taking meds and Im so sick of it. My systoms are getting worse and my vision and IBS has taken a giant step forward impacting my everyday life. I use all my PTO at work as soon as its available because of flare ups like the flu. I dont want to get out of beds for days. Im 47 now and all I think about is how bad I will be in a few more years and right now I have a daugher age 9 and she is the reason I force myself to get up each day and go above and beyond. She is impacted by all this as well because I cant do the physical things she wants me to do and doesnt understand all this yet because I have no visable injury to her. As she gets older I try to make her understand that I cant play rough or do activities that take a long time. I can no longer hike, water sports or play softball which I loved and played for over 30 years. This al sucks and I wish I could just take my spine out and replace it was a normal one. I hope to hear other stoties on this site and possible find helpful hints that will help me instead of meds.

Hello and welcome to the forum. I would say to read the alternative methods section of the forum to find ways other members use to avoid medications. Also read through the chronic pain and general questions about fibro. This forum provides many facts about fibro and ways our members have managed their symptoms. Good luck to you in finding the info you need to feel better.

See you around the forum and looking forward to reading your questions and your sharing posts. :)

I have some helpful hints (things that helped me) Have you tried one tbsp of apple cider vinegar plus half tsp of baking soda twice daily with eight ounces of water? If this is too much apple cider (bothers tummy, then try one teaspoon, or half, until you get used to it)This helps alkalize your body. It needs to be in an alkaline state because that's what makes viruses and bacteria harder to survive. I am of the theory fibromyalgia is a viruses/and or bacteria/ (Mycoplasma) You can treat this with things like Olve Leaf, garlic, Silver iodide, cats claw, etc.
I took first an enzyme because mycoplasmas tend to hide and enzymes break up dead tissues then hour later the olive leaf, garlic, etc, go in to fight the problem. Getting heavy metals out of your body is also key. So something like garlic or another chelator would be good.
Also, you don't have to do this but I went totally healthy, quit smoking, etc, and basically quit eating bad stuff. But you have to fix leaky gut syndrome for IBS which is hard for me beacause I still drink alcohol because of the pain. But thats bad for your gut....but hey, docs dont have a clue and trying to get a decent med that doesn't kill you or give you side effects worse than the good effects of the med....well, let's just say I don't understand why all states don't legalize a safe alternative to their money making pharmecuticals. Well I do understand why, but I am about to move somewhere where weed is legal because I prefer natural methods.
Anyways, good luck....don't give up just because one natural method doesn't work. And you don't have to go all the way with something, just do baby steps. Like I'm a vegan other than the fact I eats eggs just because it helps keep my body alkaline.....and don't eat many processed foods anymore although I do mess up. When I mess up bad, I pay for it.
when I was getting better, everything took months. It felt like nothing would work!
But the biggest factor was my attitude. I had so much hatred and powerlessness (being a victim attitude) within me--that also I couldn't do anything about my body. I learned we ARE in charge of our bodies, and our minds affect our bodies in so many ways society has yet to understand. Believe in miracles! And know they can happen everyday!

Hello there twally24. Welcome to the forum. I hope you find the thread useful. Have a nice day.

Twally24 hello! Doesn't it feel wonderful to be around others also going through similar issues? I am new here as well (first week) and am in awe, it has helped tremendously not to feel alienated. It seems that there is no one size fits all treatment but it is wonderful to get so many new ideas and to have others to confide in and share with. I can't comprehend having a young child at my age (49), mine are 28 and 30 and I am a Grandma to five ranging from 2 to 9. Keeping up with them during our rare visits (live cross country) wears me plum out but provides memories to last until the next time. Have you considered looking for play groups for your daughter? My son and his wife found groups for their oldest children and has been great for them all. I hope the best for you and will look for you on these threads, hoping you find the same peace and contentment here that I have

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back