Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks all, I just ordered "stop the thyroid madness" and joined the facebook group. Going to do some research. I have a book "hypothyroidism type 2" I bought 5 years ago I am going to skim as well . Went to dr office to request my labs and biopsy results and they said it would take up to two weeks to get them to me...

Hi again, wishing you the best and right decision. The STTM book is a winner. Keep us posted... J

saw the new pcp. not sure how much i will like her but she at least got the t3 thyroid labs i asked for, also running ANA lab, and c reactive protein. She suspected my flat feet causing the knee pain, referred me to a physical therapist. She also suggested i go on an anti inflammatory diet.

Hi, the anti inflamm diet is always a good way to go for us all. The Grain Brain book and Wheat Belly book at a couple of the latest and address inflammation. Flat feet could probably use some good orthotics .. one could start with the otc cheaper ones, I use them in my messed up feet issues.

Hope you can get some clearer answers with this new pcp. J

thanks, i put the two books on hold at the library. I will look for some insoles too! this forum has been very helpful with all my ailments! Hopefully more answers will come soon on the cause

Dr. Perlmutter who authored the Grain Brain is brilliant...he's on PBS tv often and I hear him on my progressive radio too. I don't own the book, but so aware of what he's talking about. I've worked with alternative healing and nutrition for many years. Take good care and keep doing your searching....

got a couple labs back.

CRP-High Sensitivity
4.78 mg/L
Healthy individuals <=3.00 mg/L CHD Risk Level mg/L Low < 1.00 Average 1.00-3.00 High > 3.00 Noncardiovascular cause should be considered if values are > 10 mg/L with repeat measurements. (Tietz Clinical Guide to Laboratory Tests, 2006)
So not high enough for inflammation diseases? But bad for my heart?

May 18, 2015
T3 Free, Serum
2.8 pg/mL
T3 Free, Serum
Reference Range2.3-4.2

oh new dr has me on meloxicam for pain she said i have to take it everyday for 30 days. I already have physical therapy lined up for the knee pain.

omega 3's and avoiding wheat/grains can bring that crp down, I've brought mine to 1.3 over the last couple annual labs. reducing sugar/carbs for sure. many work with flaxseed oils but I don't....I just got a report from an alterantive MD I follow and he's touting gooseberry over omega 3's... I haven't done my reserach on gooseberry yet.

The STTM group/people say for optimum thyroid function, TSH needs to be very low end of range, and T3 and T4 need to be at the upper end of their ranges...

I would not eliminate Omega 3's for gooseberries, maybe buy some of these berries now and then and use as a treat/snack.

Last edited:
dr emailed me twice today, followed up about the high crp: she said to add fish oil, tumeric, cinnamin, and eliminate the gluten, dairy, red meat, extra sugars . She said my ANA markers (autoimmune) are negative, and the t3 are normal and she is still waiting on the reverse t3. Luckily I have gone 'healthy' before just haven't for a few years, I don't eat the worse, but haven't been getting enough fresh fruits and vegetables and have been eating a bit too many sweets the past couple years. I know I can get healthier, so this is likely for the best, my body must be finicky about it's health. I took the pain meds today and they seem to be helping more than everything else i have tried.

I wonder if my high crp is because of the pleurisy, ? But I still don't have a cause for it...

I don't know why my commets are not showing up.

I'm doing some research on the Pleurisy and I found a post I had made a few yrs ago for someone else. I've been taking Grape Seed Extract for 20 yrs soon and have no lung congestion issues ever. Here is what I said to some other people:

I just googled Pleurisy and Grapeseed Extract. (Link Not Allowed)

I'm talking about Grapeseed Extract and not Grape Fruit Seed Extract.

Lungs, Pleurisy Treatment

The lungs are the main organs of the respiratory system which remove carbon dioxide from and bring oxygen to the blood. Pleurisy is an inflammation of the lining of the lungs

Take grape seed extract to repair lung damage.

Drink spinach and apple juices in 1:4 proportion in the mornings to help strengthen lungs.

Pleurisy

Strictly desist from all liquids and foods except plain hot or cold water, 3-4 glasses daily for the first few days. Gradually increase to 5-6 or more glasses each day. Once acute pleurisy symptoms clear, take 250ml milk every 2 hours on the first day. On the second day drink it every 1½ hour, hourly on the third, and every ¾ of an hour on the fourth, and so on. An orange can also be taken with the milk. Do not exceed taking 4 liters of milk daily. Repeat, if necessary, the short fasts and milk diet following it, at regular intervals.

Other measures : Apply a hot chest pack for an hour 2-3x daily, replacing with a cold pack if fever becomes high. Practice deep breathing, have adequate rest and get plenty of fresh air.

Just throwing this out as I'm a strong believer and user of Grapeseed Extract and my respiatory system is excellent.""

Do some of your own research on Pleurisy and Grape Seed Extract, OK.

Personally, I've never known anyone with Pleurisy and don't know what doctors suggest, they probably write scripts....don't know. I'd like to help but this is what I found from years ago.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm posting comments to you, they print, I see them, when I look later they are not there...I don't know what is happening here. I've notified administrator...

that Oh brother was a test and it's still there and my messages are NOT.

i will check out the grapseed oil.

All my labs came back my t3 and reverse t3 are both on opposite ends of the spectrum, just inside normal range. i posted on a thyroid board and someone suggested i am likely hypothyroid with issues with either high cortisol or low iron. i haven't had those tested. i had iron test a year or two ago but that is it.

on a plus i found a dr who may be a good choice for thyroid issues, and she does take one of my insurances for sure, so, i am going to try and schedule an appt for when my physical therapy is done ( i have 3 appointments in june set up, perhaps if i can get in sooner i will be double booked that day as i only have one day i get into the dr.!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back