Appetite and loss of balance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Jordan ... and welcome to an EXCELLENT place for help and support for all of us! Poor balance is DEFINITELY part of fibro ... which I've experienced in nearly 3 decades of suffering.

Your concern about balance and "leaning one way" is exactly what I am hoping to learn more about from patients. I've recently have a strong feeling of my body PULLING TO THE LEFT. The muscles on that side seem more "contracted" and pulling me left and down ... which only adds to imbalance woes. I asked my family to check my posture from behind to see if i was leaning one way or the other ... and they said i looked just fine. That sure was a relief ... which hasn't stopped the "pulling down" sensation. This symptom is also a sign of seriious blood flow problems in the brain which would affect balance.

Tt'd be wonderful to hear from others if they also feel like they are being pulled down, or to one side. And Jordan, don't give up! that's the key. Keep fighting and trying and learning ... and be sure to eat healthily to feed your body AND your brain! We each must be our own best friend and advocate ... and FM Forums is a giant help. Best wishes, from PhillyFibro !

No loss of appetite here, how I wish.

50-70% of fibromyalgia patients have spastic colitis is responsible for many digestive problems in FM patients. Another reason is that the sympathetic nervouss system is always engaged leaving the parasympathetic nervous system responsible for relaxation and digestion sluggish or inactive. Most patients with FM are also intolerant to certain foods that irritate their digestive system like gluten and dairy.

Yes, both problems, my both got better when I got on medication. Do you have any problems with dry mouth or swallowing? Those both seamed to really affect my appetite. When I have trouble swallowing it seams to be a self preservation...keep myself from choking? Lack of sleep tends affect my equilibrium as much as food and meds. But still days/time when I'm just not hungry and bruised up from banging into doorways/furniture.
Most likely the FA but could be your meds.

Many times the loss of appetite might not be directly related with the disease, but it's a side effect of all the meds we are taking. So nothing like listing them and making a small journal of how we feel when we take them because some meds might make us feel better than others.

I've a poor balance, but that might have nothing to do with fibro :( I've a neurological issue that explains why my poor balance. Have you seen a neurologist? It's always good to see a neurologist when you start experience this kind of symptoms, if everything is clear then seeing an ENT is a good idea. Specially if your balance issues are recent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back