I don't know who's crazy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, am I glad I found this forum today. I'm just off a doctor's appointment where I went for severe sudden abdominal pain. He ASKED me if I should get an ultrasound, then proceeded to schedule it three weeks hence. Um, I'm in pain now, not three weeks from now! At first I thought he was being humble to admit he was puzzled, then I figured out he thought I was a 'hypo'. I'm dealing with a lot of 'co-morbidity' these days: Fibro, perimenopause, endometriosis (that is no longer kept in check by B/C pills), and anxiety/depression. Like you folks, I had to recognize that 'dictors' (stealing it, Eyesup!!!) graduated at the bottom of their class, and are just humans, after all, like us. My 'new' abdominal pain is still there, so I guess now I wait to see if it goes away or sends me to the ER. It's getting very hard, emotionally and physically, to drag my butt out of bed....

Wow, am I glad I found this forum today. I'm just off a doctor's appointment where I went for severe sudden abdominal pain. He ASKED me if I should get an ultrasound, then proceeded to schedule it three weeks hence. Um, I'm in pain now, not three weeks from now! At first I thought he was being humble to admit he was puzzled, then I figured out he thought I was a 'hypo'. I'm dealing with a lot of 'co-morbidity' these days: Fibro, perimenopause, endometriosis (that is no longer kept in check by B/C pills), and anxiety/depression. Like you folks, I had to recognize that 'dictors' (stealing it, Eyesup!!!) graduated at the bottom of their class, and are just humans, after all, like us. My 'new' abdominal pain is still there, so I guess now I wait to see if it goes away or sends me to the ER. It's getting very hard, emotionally and physically, to drag my butt out of bed....

Hey Amy,

Once a doctor diagnoses or even suspects fibromyalgia, they will usually assume all other ailments are related and, truthfully, sometimes they are all part of one. I was having severe abdominal pains, had a cat scan and nothing--and I was having stomach pain, around the navel and pain in the right side just below ribcage. And I imagine having endometriosis they would suspect that it could be related to that as well.

Also they probably have to get approval from the insurance carrier for the ultrasound, so that can take weeks I noticed.

In the meantime you may want to think about your bowel movements, any gas (maybe IBS since many of us have it?). I had symptoms of GERD for a couple of months, and then I started drinking apple cider vinegar in water and eventually the pain went away.

Thanks, Sureimsore. I have IBS as well as overactive bladder, in addition to all the rest. My bowels are operating, and so is my bladder, that's for sure. I have no idea how much of this is Fibro related, and maybe I never will. In my dreams, I go to a doctor and he/she says "yes, we see what's wrong on the xray or ultrasound, and we have a treatment plan." That's not likely to happen, clearly. My frustration level is pretty high.

U know our parents looked to doctors like they were godlike and should be trusted to know everything, but they are only human. Not only are they only trained in a certain area, but the medical cummunity in general has some pretty narrow minded direction. I had to be treated by my primary for my locked up neck because my rheumatologist was so tuned out, I might as well have said I had a cold. Xray confirmed my vertebrae were locked. Then they sent me to physical therapy. I went to 2 clinics because when the therapy made me worse, they thought it was just the clinic. I had to go through a special approval process to have massage therapy paid by insurance. After 3 months it was finally approved, at which time the told me that I would get the massage at the physical therapy clinic.

I get a massage most every week and Chiro. It helps me stay alive. LOL Insurance pays some of the Chiro but none of the massage. My pain levels get so high that after a massage I feel like I took some kind of drug that leaves me calm and relaxed. Just wish my body would respond longer to this combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back