Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
09/2013
Country
US
State
AZ
With the new gov't. restrictions on opioids, every month I have to visit my prescribing Dr. for the Rx. The biggest trouble is the extra $ it now costs me to see the Dr. each month and the urine tests sent to the lab. For someone on a fixed income this is truly a hardship! In future I may not be able to keep this up and would return to the hopeless, crying- all -the- time sub-human.

The Dr. sent the first two samples to the wrong lab, not covered by my insurance-another battle to fight!

The CDC says opioids don't help chronic pain! How stupid are they?! I wrote a letter to them saying there will be much more deaths because of their callous, ignorant stance, either from having to buy questionable drugs on the street or suicide. And it will be on their heads.

I'm so glad someone else said this before I did. Usually I'm the lone voice railing against this type of overregulation by the government. I am against needless drug use and abuse, of course, but I'm tired of being hit over the head about needing products that help me. It still irks me that I have to sign just to get sudafed, they outlawed the Asthma inhalers I used and the new ones don't work, and now they're cracking down on other meds that actually increase the quality of life for many.

I hope many speak up, and this can be turned around. I'm sick of the good people's rights being limited because someone thinks they know what I need better than I or my doctor does. It's a hardship having to go to the doctor on a monthly basis, and it's stupid to have to do that simply to get prescriptions. Because of that, I have been off of the prescription medications I need on a daily basis. I just can't afford it, and my car can't take the wear and tear. My quality of life has diminished significantly without the medications I used to be on. Thankfully, I have what I need for now, thanks to the oral surgery, and I'm cutting pills in half and trying to stretch them out as much as possible.

This is terrible, I am leaving the country soon, but I fear I might have trouble when the time I truly need stronger meds for pain comes, specially opiods :( I kind of understand the reasoning behind what they are doing, but in my opinion we shouldn't pay for others who abuse opioids. It's so unfair! I had heard they'd tighten things up because of all those druggies, but this is a very heavy blow on our community... There has to be a better way!

I could write an essay on what the FDA approves and won't approve. all the black label warning and all the drugs that have been approved that after enough people have died or been seriously injured there's a hundred class action lawsuits! But you might become an addict to pain relief opposed to cymbalta? And heaven forbid mjj becomes legal, then how would the pharmacsuitical companies make big money off of that? Even a poor person could grow their own medicine. how many people have died or been injured from a dose of Mjj? And what would happen to social security if we all lived to collect it? I think it's all about the Benjamin's not about health care.

Sorry if I affend anyone with my position on what I feel is corruption in America.

Oh, you are right by 1,000 percent eyesup; many side effects of drugs aren't even reported in clinical trials; they are supposed to publish their findings but the majority never do. FDA has nothing better to do than make threats against companies such as Diamond Walnuts for making health claims that are actually true.

That's just rot ,I couldn't live my life without tramadol .its well know to the dr in the uk it works.with the amount of ppl flooding in to the uk our hospitals and dr or reaching breaking point, and I can see us all going our the pay up or get out system .

SIS, one pill to treat the condition and two pills to treat the side effects of the other pills. We are in the same page I think.

RC the restriction on suddafed is a prime example of an epic fail to control meth production by punishing non abusers. Just like everything else the criminals have no problem getting what we need. They are making things harder and harder for honest people to stay honest.

Weed...I personally don't use it, but I've Witnessed first hand it's benefit for seizure and cancer patients. CA thought they found a way to make money by legalizing for meddical purpose, but ask anyone in CA could they get a med. mnj card and they'll tell you yes and once you have the card, made your first overtaxed purchase keep putting your street weed in the prescription bag. FAIL

I fear the day I have to "prove" why I'm buying a vitamin or the FDA bans herbal supplements. For being a free country I don't feel so free.

I guess you start with partitioning your local government to get the laws changed. I hate that I complain about it but do anything to change it. It's hard being such a small fish in a giant ocean.

Last edited:
Well, Eyesup, that is when people get together to petition the gov't, etc. Only problem , WHO THE HECK HAS THE ENERGY TO DO THAT?? I know most of us have more than the FM to battle, it is just part of the story. I don't take opiods for FM, but for DD disease, self-fused vertebrae, arthritis, and a beat up kidney. How I would love to get off all the meds. I used to grow much of our family's food and broke down from the work. (I loved it but it is labor intensive). There comes a time when herbs and organic food just doesn't get it done by itself.

Yeah Rualchick, you are right, at the present time petitioning is out of the question for me.
I am curiosa as to what is a "self-fused" vertebrae? Is this good or bad?

Eyesup,

There are 4 vertebrae btwn my shoulders that calcified by themselves. It looks a bit like candlewax dripping down. It is NOT a good thing! My back muscles on the right side spasm whenever I stand too long, or lift or vacuum with the back and forth movements, (also like raking, shoveling etc.). It is a war btwn the vertebrae and the muscles as the vertebrea refuse to move and the muscles seize. This probably started with the injury I sustained coming off a horse and slamming my back into a brick wall as a teenager, (the horse made a quick U turn and riding bareback, I came off.) Those were the "bullet-proof" days of adolescence!

RC that does sound painful. I'm sorry you have to endure that in addition to fibro. I have often wound weed about some if my daredevil days the I reassure myself that the body was more flexible then and is prone to self healing. This has made me re-think the idea of re healing. My son also took a pretty good spin off a horse into a tree during a fox hunt. He was young and I had his full spine x rayed but he still complains from time to time. I'm now thinking we might want to investigate further. I would hate myself if I believed the Dictors over him (he likes coding a little to much) all these years. Does this show on an X-ray or do you need something more sophisticated?

Are you asking about me or commenting on your son? If me, it does show up nice and clear on x-rays. When we were kids, unless you were profusely bleeding or had a ginormous temperature you didn't go to the Dr. If you fall off the horse-or out of the tree-get back on! Don't know I would've changed anything though, it was a good childhood. Things creep up on you so fast. I thought I had till my 80s before I fell apart. Surprise!

Yes ruralchick that's what I was asking. Thank you for answering. I seem to be in the middle of a should I feel guilty crisis and everything is my fault. To this day he complains about that shoulder. But your right, for the most part climb back up, on or in.

Eyesup,
Maybe a sports medicine Dr. would be a good choice for your son's shoulder. But there is so much they don't know. Possibly after getting cleared by the Dr. he could have some Pt. Knowing and doing the right exercises has made a huge difference for my knees. (still recouping after total knee replacement in March).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back