Majority of my pain is from Muscle Cramps. Does anyone else have a similar experienc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fibrowolf

Diagnosis
10/2013
Country
US
State
Massachusetts
I rarely experience allodynia, but I have tremendous pain from muscles that repeatedly cramp up. Massage, even deep tissue massage, or self-massage with a hard tool usually provides significant relief for the acute pain. These cramps pop up all over my body. Pretty much whenever I use a muscle group a modest amount in a repetitive way, a cramp will form there. So the muscles I massage get very little break between cramps sometimes. This affects my postural muscles particularly. I just recently graduated college. It was touch and go for a while; I was uncertain if I could function well enough to meet the demands, but two things helped me in particular. 1) The Disabilities Services Office was FANTASTIC at helping me get accommodations. 2) I stopped caring that I drew people's attention when I would have to stand up or move around in class (though I touched base with the prof. first); it wasn't until my third year (of five) in college that I realized to take better care of myself and be less embarrassed.
I also smile a lot. That means cramps in my cheeks quite often. I often joke that "I smile so much, it hurts!"

Does anyone else get frequent muscle cramps? What are they like for you?

I get a lot cramps as well, my legs are the most affected. I also suffer from hand cramps as well, but so far the foot ones are the most annoying ones. I feel your pain :( I try to move my foot and legs often in order to avoid the cramps, but sometimes this just can't be done. I actually hurt my ankle some years ago because I tried to stand up really fast while having leg cramps! I have no idea what causes my cramps :( My mom thinks this is caused by poor blood circulation, go figure!

By the way... do you get those cramps while sitting down or also while lying down?

I am going through that right now. I think the severe cold we've been having has triggered much more of it than usual. My bad spots are upper back, across the front of the chest and well, most other places. Its gotten so just standing at the sink doing dishes for a short amount of time has become very difficult. I also have found no relief through massage (I've tried things like Icy Hot to no avail. OTC drugs haven't helped either. That's why I'm here...for some help. Have you found anything that eases your situation yet?

I also get hand and foot cramps, my bottom of my feet get very painful at night I use a foot roller/massager that I bought online it helps a little, I am also on baclofen for muscle spasms. this is the first muscle relaxer that seems to work. my pain management dr prescribed this for me, also we have a heated foot bubbler that helps.

The only thing that I have found that works is to wear knee socks in the winter months and put a extra warm blanket over my feet and lower legs at night time, as the added warmth seems to prevent cramps in my legs and my feet. :)

I know the feeling its like my muscles never release. massage helps but who can afford to go get one all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back