Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2001
Country
US
State
nc
Yesterday my son said his tongue cramped up. Also he experienced the feeling of walking into a spider web when I highly doubt there was one. He is 9 now but had really bad allergies and asthma when he was a baby. That doesn't seem bad since he turned 4.

Anyway, his complaints have grown suddenly.
Headaches
Stomachaches
Muscle cramps
Occasional blurry vision
Grumpy. That's my complaint😊
His tongue cramped.
Spider web sensation on face
Today at school he felt like someone punched him in the back when no one had.

The tongue and spider web thing we're real. I was there when it happened and had no explanation for it.

Anyway. He has an appointment with his regular doctor next week.

I think his environmental allergies play some part and I think he may have food allergies.

I was wondering if anyone with FMS has experienced the tongue cramp or spider web sensation.

Thanks

Hello and welcome to the forum. No, I have never had such sensations and I am glad to hear your taking him to the doctor. While fibro does cause some weird symptoms we must always remember with any illness new things that happen can totally be apart from any disease you might already have. So the first step is seeing your doctor as soon as possible and let them run tests to help determine the diagnosis. Then if everything appears normal it can be considered to be part of an illness you have or a side affect of a medication he may be on.

I wish you the best of luck in finding an answer to his health problem. I hope you will join in here on the forum and answer questions, as well as, feel free to ask about things that concern you. It is always comforting to know people who understand your pain, as well as, the worries of family health and well-being. Please let us know how things go for your son. I will be praying that he will be feeling better soon. :)

Not the tongue thing no but the spider web feeling could be his allergies

I think I do - I have described it as if water is being splashed on me lightly. It's a nerve thing - misfiring, weird sensations. I have long hair & sometimes I feel like a rogue hair is brushing against my leg or arm - once again it's just nerves firing away. Last week when I tapped my middle finger it felt like it was vibrating inside....lasted for a half hour or so. Silly nerves !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back