Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2001
Country
US
State
nc
All day, all I want to do is sleep. All night, I have no interest in sleeping because I don't want to have to get up in the morning. Could this be because no matter how long I lay in bed and sleep, I never feel better?
I try to rest a lot on the weekends, but week days are full of time limits. Kids to school on time and me to work on time. It all seems a daunting task and the anxiety of it, keeps me awake.
Time to go back to the doc.

I know how you feel. So exhausted and tired all of the time and all you want to do is sleep during the day and exhausted at night. I would fall asleep at night but only get about 4 hours and this was every night. So hard to work and come home and cook, deal with the kids and everything else that had to be done. I would get extra sleep on the weekends but that didn't make a difference. I eventually started taking Lorazepam .5mg at night if needed and found that if I took it for 3 nights then the next few nights would be bearable. That was 4 years ago now. Now I don't sleep at all until 5am in the morning unless I take 1mg of Loraz. I even had a sleep test done to rule out sleep apnea but it is the Fibro. It is such a nasty illness to have and it causes so many other ailments. I think I could write a book. Good luck!

Thanks for replying. Yeah, I think that's the same as klonepin.
I have used that a couple of Times and it worked great. Unfortunately the neurologist and rheumy I was sent to do not believe that those kinds of meds are beneficial.
They obviously don't know. I wish they would listen more and assume less.

Hi, I am new to the forum so please let me know if I am saying something inappropriate. Have you ever taken Melatonin at night for sleeping? It was the only sleep aid to get me through the last five years of work with one teenager still at home. It is a natural hormone that is depleted when our bodies are under stress. I like it because I did not wake up groggy. If I got up in the middle of the night to get water or use the bathroom and then go right back to sleep. It might be something you could talk to your doctor or your pharmacist. I do not use it anymore since I am on nerve pain medication at night that makes me too sleepy. Hope you are having a good evening tonight, Rasz.

Thanks, but ya I've tried that. After a week of taking it, I would wake up very jumpy and not myself. Ever time my husband touched me, I jumped. It also made me nauseated in the morning. Anything otc makes me drowsy in the A.M. and ambien made me so drowsy, my husband could not wake me. Klonapin is the only thing that helps me sleep when I need it, wake when I need to, and not leave me drowsyin the morning. Mid I don't get sleep, I feel terrible.
Not to be a negative-nelli, but I've been dealing with this for 16 yrs and I've been a mother,wife,sister,daughter,friend,coworker,boss,daughterinlaw,etc. I'm exhabusted and in a lot of pain, and just about done with it. They should make disability easier for FMS. Maybe I'll start a petition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back