Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2000
Country
US
State
TX
What a relief!!! Now I can start to relax a little, start to plan where I go from here!

I just wanted to update everyone bc some of you were asking for an update.

Thank all of you for your support this far!! It's been so helpful!! You are all amazing people!!!

Karen

That's great news....i hope this is the helps you with the feeling of independence etc and with less stress your health settles into something more manageable.

Congratulations that is good news!

Yaaaa well done u.i no it's hard to get over there. Don't be surprised after a week or two u start feeling a sence of lose again ,at knowing your never work.sounds silly I no. But after I got disability I was over the moon, a few weeks later I thought oh bugger is that it now for ever. That and adjusting money .sorry that wasn't very positive was it lol xx

Very happy for you, congrats!

Great news!
Congraduladtions

Yaaaa well done u.i no it's hard to get over there. Don't be surprised after a week or two u start feeling a sence of lose again ,at knowing your never work.sounds silly I no. But after I got disability I was over the moon, a few weeks later I thought oh bugger is that it now for ever. That and adjusting money .sorry that wasn't very positive was it lol xx

You know, it's already hit me! I was already emotional last night bc I was at my daughters senior spring show (drill team) so I was sad that my youngest child was going to graduate from high school and it was the same day I got my notice of approval. I absolutely LOVED what I did for my profession. I worked as a registered nurse in the newborn nursery. I completely broke down and bawled at my daughters show last night but it was for a variety of reasons.

I don't know if you've been reading my other posts about my mom being emotionally unavailable but she was sitting next to me while I was a blubbering wreck and she completely ignored me. It was so uncomfortable. There's got to be some reason she's so uncomfortable with being there for me emotionally. Part of me thinks it's bc my dad doesn't think children should be "coddled" but there's a difference between being coddled and being emotionally supportive. But I'm trying real hard to not be mad at her. There's got to be something behind it. I just wish with me telling her how I feel she would at least put in the effort.

Congratulations man, you must be planning how your new life is going to be, good luck.

OMG! That has got to be a huge relief. Maybe it won't be forever, maybe you can get some control over your indapenand that will help you to heal. Maybe your calling doesn't require a 9-5 and this will allow you to persue that. Either way I would rather to worry about will I ever work again with money in my pocket then without money!
Sorry your mom couldn't even pretend to comfort you. If it helps any in guessing she is crying on the inside. There is something hurting her that she is not going to address and you can't make her. You getting your disability should have been cause for celebration but now how will she show her love? Plus your not forced to go to them or be controlled. No more bargaining money instead of emotions.

Congrats on getting your youngest threw high school, I hope you get to have that same feeling when/if she goes to college. But don't worry the youngest child tends to help you transition to the "empty nest" . (Mine by never leaving! LOL)!
I'm sending two giant gentle hugs...one for happiness and one for sorrow. What a bitter sweat day you had.

That's great news. I wish you the best. Do you mind me asking how long it took you to get it? I have been trying for almost two years now and I am tired of waiting. I feel in my heart that I won't get it so I just wish they would tell me "no" and get it over with so I can go on with my life.

Omg! That is great, Karen!!!! So happy for you, these are what I call big and great news, not many folks are so lucky!!! Was this the first time you tried it or not? This is really awesome, so glad for you. This will offer you way more independence, and maybe things get better your mom and you.

OMG! That has got to be a huge relief. Maybe it won't be forever, maybe you can get some control over your indapenand that will help you to heal. Maybe your calling doesn't require a 9-5 and this will allow you to persue that. Either way I would rather to worry about will I ever work again with money in my pocket then without money!
Sorry your mom couldn't even pretend to comfort you. If it helps any in guessing she is crying on the inside. There is something hurting her that she is not going to address and you can't make her. You getting your disability should have been cause for celebration but now how will she show her love? Plus your not forced to go to them or be controlled. No more bargaining money instead of emotions.

Congrats on getting your youngest threw high school, I hope you get to have that same feeling when/if she goes to college. But don't worry the youngest child tends to help you transition to the "empty nest" . (Mine by never leaving! LOL)!
I'm sending two giant gentle hugs...one for happiness and one for sorrow. What a bitter sweat day you had.

Thank you so much!! Yes, my youngest is going to college! Very far away!!😞😞😞. She's going to study to become a veterinarian! I've been an empty nester for a long time, though. My youngest went to live with her dad about 5 years ago bc I was having some trouble with her older sister. I eventually sent her older sister away to rehab then on to live in a sober home all at the tender age of 17!! So I haven't had children living with me for over 5 years. But it's going to be even harder knowing she's moving out of state for college! I might follow her there! Lol

That's great news. I wish you the best. Do you mind me asking how long it took you to get it? I have been trying for almost two years now and I am tired of waiting. I feel in my heart that I won't get it so I just wish they would tell me "no" and get it over with so I can go on with my life.

I don't mind you asking any questions at all!! This was the second time I filed but gave up half way through the first time. Second time around I went through a lawyer. So much easier!! Once my lawyer filed and set a file date it took a little over a year to get a hearing and almost two months after the hearing to get the results from the hearing.

If you're filing I highly suggest using a lawyer. Please don't think you'll automatically be denied. I completely believe in the power of positive thought. You know the saying "you think therefore you are!" Meaning (to me) that what you think you become. I know you can't "think" your way into a disability judgement but I do believe that somehow the universe is guided by our thoughts and the emotions that we emit subconsciously. I know some of you are thinking I'm a crazy person but there's a book out that talks about this very thing. I think it's called "the secret to success" or the secret key to success or something like that. I'll have to look it up. Well, of course I can't find it, I'll keep looking.

But it still doesn't hurt to think positively anyway!

Omg! That is great, Karen!!!! So happy for you, these are what I call big and great news, not many folks are so lucky!!! Was this the first time you tried it or not? This is really awesome, so glad for you. This will offer you way more independence, and maybe things get better your mom and you.

Thank you so much!! I had filed once before but gave up halfway through. The second time around I immediately went with a lawyer! All of the paperwork was just too confusing for me!

It's still going to be difficult to be completely independent bc disability doesn't pay very much. But it will help!! that's for sure!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back