Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Somewhere
So I saw one of my Dr's today, she said I have Allodynia, which is pain from simple touch with no pressure used. I've read that Allodynia can be a part of fibromyalgia, but this Dr said today that it's not associated with fibro, even though she said it's a problem with how my brain interprets pain, which if I'm not mistaken is also a definition of fibro? This Dr seems to go back and forth with her information so I don't know if what she told me today will be what she would say about the same topic next time I see her.
I was wondering if anyone else has Allodynia, and if they know or have been told by Dr's that it IS part of their fibro?.....
Thanks!

Wish I could help, but it's the first time I've heard of it, so I don't know.

I'm really not familiar with the terminology, but I thought this was a normal symptom of fibro? I thought that your body interpreting pain differently was by definition what fibro was? I would think they were related, but I'm not a doctor.

I guess as long as you're being treated that it isn't as important, but I find what your doctor said perplexing.

I have often known doctors to get things wrong. I think it might be because they don't know everything about every condition. There are so many conditions after all and I doubt any doctor knows them all so they will sometimes get it wrong because they're human. But I have it and my doctor sees it as a symptom even though I was actually diagnosed with allodynia first.

Thanks for your input guys! I'm going to see my rheumatologist in two weeks so we will see what he thinks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back