Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
CA
FM flair ups are fun.

....said no one ever.

I imagine the single most violent end to most everyone when I have a flair up.

Everything gets amplified. Every ****ing thing. I'm almost certain this is how autism must feel.

Lights too bright. Need sunglasses in the drug store.

Sounds. I hear every freaking one of them. On full blast. So loud that it pierces my brain. Earplugs are necessary when my cats eat or when rain is falling. Else, I am liable to lose my mind.

Tingling hands/feet. Everyone thinks I'm drunk when I text. I drop things.

Poop spray. We'll just leave it at that.

Good days were the flu. Today, it's a mack truck.

What's that ****ing word I was trying to say? Fibrofog from hell.

Dotay we're going to talk about cun fondition called aphasia.

Did I sleep this week?

Migraine #7 in 7 days.

I haven't cleaned the house in 10 days and I'd rather commit suicide than try.

Doctor, I'm not a drug addict. I just need to clean my house.

Trying to explain to people that depression is not causing my pain, but in fact pain is causing my depression.

I think my hair hurts.

Caress me and you die. But I can run into a table and bruise the shit out of my knee and not know it.

Chewing food is exhausting. Drinking food on the other hand....

I can't tell if you're massaging me or pissing me off with your lack of adequate pressure.

Periods that make you question whether or not you should just cut out all your lady bits.

Wondering what pain free actually feels like.... because this shit started in pre-school.

And of course... visions of stabbing everyone in the eye.

Have you been tested for a thyroid problem? My troubles started with my thyroid. Many people I talked to said they were either planning to kill someone or themselves. Very violent feelings. After going through thyroid hell myself, I think every violent criminal should have a blood test for thyroid!

I have experienced much of what you mention, but after awhile did not have the energy to be violent. Plus I tried harder than ever to treat my husband kindly as he was the only person helping me live day to day. If not him, who? It isn't fair to him to be my punching bag.

There are many things you can do on your own, migraines can improve with plenty of sleep(as with everything else),lavender helps; a couple drops on your temples or pillow, ( I use "migrastick-its a little roll on), stay away from caffeine and junk food, magnesium helps a lot, vit. D-have you had your vit D level checked? and B-complex is so helpful for me for energy. LOTS of water, helps flush your system plus hydrate. When we have migraines our brains literally swell. SLOW DOWN. Be good to your body! Eat a really good diet.

Glad you could vent here-- I suspect you feel the lack of control and are fighting against this awful illness. Stinks doesn't it. You should perhaps put your focus on being the best you can be and let the rest go.

Many things you just have to research on your own,sorry, no quick fixes! But sometimes we find something that really helps!
Many Blessings!

Last edited:
Dude!
Seriously? You need to be seen by a Dr. ASAP! Call your Clinic and demand you get in. Explain how your feeling.
I'm mostly concerned about your violent thoughts. IM SO GLAD WE HAVE A PLACE TO VENT, AND SO MA NY OF YOUR COMMENTS, ARE MUCH LIKE many of us.

THE VIOLENT STUFF,PLEASE DONT PLAY WITH IT, YOU MAY NEED YOUR MEDS CHANGED.
Just concerned.

I don't know to laugh or to be concerned. I know the feeling of people saying they know how I feel. They don't and its honestly the worst thing to go through. I know its not something to talk about. But have you tried using birth control with Fibro meds? Seriously guys are a little lucky they don't have this problem.
I hate the idea of taking things like that but if it keeps me from wanting to pull my hair out I will try anything.

Dude!
Seriously? You need to be seen by a Dr. ASAP! Call your Clinic and demand you get in. Explain how your feeling.
I'm mostly concerned about your violent thoughts. IM SO GLAD WE HAVE A PLACE TO VENT, AND SO MA NY OF YOUR COMMENTS, ARE MUCH LIKE many of us.

THE VIOLENT STUFF,PLEASE DONT PLAY WITH IT, YOU MAY NEED YOUR MEDS CHANGED.
Just concerned.

Wow and thats whats wrong with doctors. You go in a cry because you constantly hurt and they put ya on anti depressants. Are you a doctor?

And thats what the problem is. And thats the point of it

I feel angry a lot of the time. Really angry .i think being in pain all the time and having depression has done this to me anyway. I'm waiting to see a Dr about bipolar but might be months yet. And guess what that makes me f......in mad. Lol.i can imagine some smug git. Sitting there asking me things and winding me up by telling me I'm just stressed.
Not that u should ever underestimate stress.the sad thing is it take so long to see anyone most ppl give up and don't even go.

I don't need psychiatric meds.

Pain causes my "psychiatric" symptoms. If I'm physically well, I'm mentally well.

I willl be seeing a holistic doctor soon. **** western doctors. With the hulk's fist.

Oh, I sooooo totally understand how you feel. And also that you wouldn't REALLY do those things, you just are so frustrated you feel like it. I get the Mac truck feeling, migraines, the tingling hands (mine actually fall asleep & go numb), your hair hurting, periods that make you want to rip your parts out. And the housecleaning - forget it! My dishes that don't fit in the dishwasher sit for over a week sometimes. The massage however; I have a massage therapist so rough that she makes me want to punch her in the face... which is AWESOME! She just laughs at me because we both know it's about the only thing that keeps me moving the rest of the week. Believe me, kitteh, it was like I was typing that myself. :D Looks like we have the same sarcastic sense of humor. I like that!

And Forgetmenot, I was diagnosed in October with Bipolar II with extreme depression. So I now take mood stabilizers along with the antidepressants I've been on for years. Believe me, it does help. I now don't want to just jump in my truck and drive away, leaving my husband & kids although I love them more than life itself. And I don't feel like just curling into a ball & crying for the rest of my life either. No, it is not helping with the pain. But it IS helping to cope. So keep pushing for a psych consultation; best thing my doctor has done for me. I'm so glad he suggested it. I have not been diagnosed officially with fibromyalgia because he wants to get me totally stabilized mentally first. And as I become more stable, I see why and am grateful to him for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back