Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
UK
Does this sound like Fibromyalgia
I have constant pain from head to toe worse in my knees elbows back and neck but all over. I struggle to stay away but wake constanly either with the pain or the dreaming
Every night I have vivid dreams that feel like my brain is still active I even know am dreaming
I wake up through the night constanly turning
I also wake up the next day as if I have not slept and am so stiff and sore that gets worse throughout the day
I have also just started getting this weird feeling like electric shocks as am relaxing or falling a sleep. There mainly in my face head and chest but can spread all over.
I also have anxiety and depression and now crohn's.
Sorry about the long post it's just am in constant pain and someone the other day told me about this
I also gave bad fatigue

norky00, welcome to the site. sounds like fibro to me.

please read my post under general discussions called " what is fibromyalgia" this will explain fibro to you.

you must be tested for many other things before you will be told fibro.

read and do research on fibro,lupus,MS,ALS, neuropathy and lymes too.

ask us if you have questions we are here to help and support you even if you dont have fibro.

we know pain.

as the pain is causing you not to fall in the healing sleep, you will get fatigued.
set a sleep schedule and stay in a dark room. i put plastic slip sheets from my local warehouse over the windows.

good luck

I cant help the sleeping I get so tired I fall a sleep anywhere now I can even sleep for over 24 hours. The night time sleep though is my biggest problem as if am not waking up all the time with the pain I am constantly having dreams that are starting to really tire my out. Yesterday i was sore sore that i had to buy some tubigrips and put them on my knees and elbows wish i could of bought a full body one. I know with the crohns you can have a lot of body pain but am getting no ease from this at all

norky00, welcome to the site. sounds like fibro to me.

please read my post under general discussions called " what is fibromyalgia" this will explain fibro to you.

you must be tested for many other things before you will be told fibro.

read and do research on fibro,lupus,MS,ALS, neuropathy and lymes too.

ask us if you have questions we are here to help and support you even if you dont have fibro.

we know pain.
Am at the moment still getting monitored with the tablets i get for the crohns but how would I go about asking for test.

Am at the moment still getting monitored with the tablets i get for the crohns but how would I go about asking for test.

Describe all your symptoms to your doc. He/she might send you to a pain doc or rheumatologist for diagnosis. Otherwise there are two tests commonly used. One is a trigger point test where the doc puts a certain amount of pressure on 18 tender or trigger points on your body. The second is a fibromyalgia functional capacity test where you answer a series of questions. There are a number of sites online that will give you more information. Just Google fibromyalgia diagnosis and both tests should come up. Best of luck.

the dreams you are having are more than likely from the meds you are taking.

For me, Vicodin will give me scary bloody dreams that will wake me over and over. so i dont take that drug and i have added it to my list of allergy drugs.

now you say, how did i know it was the Vicodin and not something else. i wasn't on other meds but aspirin at the time(Trying to man up and go it on my own). i stopped the aspirin and started a daily log book that day. i documented what happened when on it and when off of it. i made an informed decision based on my own research and knowledge of the drugs i was taking.

start your log book. it important to your treatment plan.

Am back in the hospital tomorrow so am going to ask can I see someone about this...ThankSsssss for the replys

Hi went the hospital and just keep getting told its all part of the crohns even though I tell them it's getting worse and am even sore to the touch . I also keep going from freezing to boiling with in minutes. Going to keep going on about it though till they finally are willing to do something about it

Go on thinking you do have FM, to this day from 1999, I don't know what I have, this Fibro is so much I believe...thyroid, adrenals, hormones, etc. etc....I do know I deal with osteoarthritis and they are all in the family. I have a brochure on FM put out by the Arthritis Foundation back in1999. Crohns is another story, I have a friend who deals with crohns and there are many many supports to help everything. To me, it doesn't matter if I have the label FM or not, I was told I do, but there is so much involved. I believe. Hope you can get to feeling somewhat better. I have a friend from my childhood, she is still back East and she talked about crohns she deals with many many years ago. She takes care of her husband who is in a wheelchair with his own issues.

It's all Inflammation....work to keep inflammation DOWN. J

From what I have learned, the very first thing the Dr.s ask is,do you sleep well.?My answer was sleep? No not at all. Now I get all the sleep and then some.
Sounds like typical symptoms.

I have bad fatigue but I don't sleep well as I wake up constantly having to turn this way that way and wake up as if I have never slept and like a 100 year old man

Yep, your a fibie, If that's a word. God bless.

Yep, your a fibie, If that's a word. God bless.

Am still playing it by ear and trying to wait and see does my doctor say anything about this but so far nothing just keeps giving me pain killers that don't do a thing but make me sleep even more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back