Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
AU
State
QLD
Hi, this is my first post and I'm hoping to get some info on my condition.
It actually started about 8 years ago. I was at work and a spot about the size of an apricot, just below the left knee on the outside became itchy. Didn't think about it. Gave it a good scratch and ... omg... I've never felt such pain. Like somebody poured boiling water just on that spot. Before I could panic entirely, it went away. That was the start. When I mentioned it to my doc, he didn't seem concerned, said he didn't know what it was. Before you think too badly of him, I have other health issues he was more concerned with. I didn't push the issue because these episodes came and went. By 2014, the apricot sized spot had grown to about the size of a mans palm but still coming and going. I had a new doctor so I told her about it and she said immediately that's Allodynia. Haven't really been able to find much info on it beyond the fact it appears to be a symptom rather than an actual condition.
I've always have a fear in the back of my mind that one day, it will start to hurt and it will stay that way. I honestly don't know what I'd do.
However, a new problem has arisen which is the real reason I looked for a forum. I have varicose veins which need operating on. Don't mind the right leg (which happens to be the worst anyway) but I don't know if I want anyone mucking around with my left leg.
I was really hoping that someone here perhaps has been in my situation (or similar) and could tell me about their experience.
thank you

Hi redher and welcome. Have you been diagnosed with fibro? I only ask because allodynia is only one of the many symptoms and just one patch in same place may not mean it's related to fibromyalgia.

If you have no other symptoms like fatigue all over body pain hopefully this patch on your leg is just one of those things.

I can understand you fear over having any surgery...sorry i can't help with that one although i know others on here who have full blown fibro have had major surgery like shoulder replacement.

I hope you get some other replies with advice. Take CAre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back