Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Narah
I live near Antwerp too and I use CBD oil and PEA (Palmitoylethanolamide) capsules against the nerve pain. They help quite a lot but it takes a while before they become effective (ie, not instant). Both CBD and PEA are cannaboids that active your own painkilling 'center' and are legal - I order them online in Holland.

Question: At the moment I have bad nerve pain in both my hamstrings, cramps and weakness in my lower legs. I have no idea what's going on with my legs, I thought maybe stenosis, but there's almost nothing to be seen on the MRI. I can stand the pain, but as it's almost constant, it erm..gets on my nerves
:grin:

I also have hip bursitis and a tear in a tendon of one of the gluteus muscles, not sure if that's related to the hamstring pain- if it was, it would only be in one hamstring, right? Not knowing what's going on is driving me nuts sometimes and Dr Google doesn't help.

Have a great weekend, everybody.

Free

Hi and welcome to the forum. Here are a few ideas on what might be causing your pain. With fibro certain areas of the body still carry the same pain name and can be or not be just labeled fibro.

Shin splints. You can feel this pain right up the front of your calf. The muscles and flesh along the edge of the shin bone become inflamed, so it hurts to walk, run, or jump. Doing activity over and over on hard surfaces can bring this on.

Tendinitis. One of the first warning signs you have an inflamed Achilles tendon is pain in your lower calf, near the back of your heel. It’s a common injury that makes the tendon swell, stretch, or tear. You can get it from overworking the calf muscle or climbing the stairs.

Narrowed spinal canal (stenosis) and sciatica. A common cause of a narrowed spinal canal is arthritis of the spine. Sometimes a herniated disc puts pressure on nearby nerve roots, which can lead to symptoms of sciatica, such as:

Burning, cramping leg pain when standing or sitting
Numbness
Tingling
Fatigue
Weakness

Diabetic neuropathy is a common complication of diabetes. Nerves can be damaged from high blood sugar levels. It can cause pain in both of your legs along with numbness and less sensation in the lower legs.

Varicose veins . You might be familiar with these, because you can see them at the surface of the skin. They appear to be twisted, dark blue or purple veins, and are caused by weak valves and vein walls. They may cause a dull ache, especially after standing.

Blood clot. When your blood thickens in a vein and clumps together, it can turn into a clot. One that develops in a vein deep in the body is called deep vein thrombosis (DVT).

Most deep-vein blood clots happen in the lower leg or thigh. They're more likely to happen if you're inactive for long periods, like on a long flight or car ride. You're also at risk if you're overweight, or you smoke, or take certain medications.

Now while I listed several conditions I am sure any blood work or an MRI would have ruled out several of them such as a broken bone, blood clot, etc.., but knowing some of the common conditions will give you a better understanding of what might be causing your pain.

ask your Dr. to perscibe you ...lidocain patch. They are covered by some insurance . I had to pay 100.00 for my first rx, but after the first month a box of 30 cost 30.00. Well worth it. They are one size but you can cut them up to make them stretch. Good luck. also heating pad can help.

For nerve pain in my feet and legs I found light support hose to be a huge help. I take Lyrica and robaxin also. They dont always help. Ive also tried icing my feet with socks and a towel over top, sitting up for awhile when its really bad. You could try this with any body part, for hands they have compression mitts too.

I take tramadol.but I also have gabbipintin ,it really really helps with the nerve pain. and i think chiropractors might be help !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back