Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
11/2012
Country
US
State
NY
Have anyone ever get a heavy vibration like a jack hammers?

I get it quite often so hard I can hear it in my ears , it's such a heavy vibrating through my whole body it sounds like a jack hammering in the underground tunnel. Especially when I try to go to sleep. The more tired feeling I get, the lounder and harder it's hammering away.

Usually iron supplement can help mellow it down, but still very hard to manage.

Yes Tipnatee this sounds like the body wide sensation i get that causes the burning and severest throbbing stabbing pains and joints to lock up....the thing that came along with high stress and changed my fibro from manageable to housebound.

I call it vibrating too and if it gets to my ears they vibrate and i get earache and a rumbling sound.....in the rest of me it burns pulls tugs and cripples me with pain and where it hits strongest my muscles go completely weak and stiff.

I'm sure its connected to an over worked fight or flight mechanism but mine used to come and go....then it stuck and my fibro rapidly spiralled.

Oh gosh Diamond XOXO.

I often gets that chaotic pains, burn, throbbing ,and stabbing like you described also, it does felt very similar to vibration , sometime electrocution , buzzing in ears , body lock up . It felt like getting captured and tortured by some invisible enemy.

But as far as just the jack hammering goes. It's often describe as the symptom of the Internal Tremors , aka inner tremor. It's the heavy nerve shaking like the nerve buzz, nerve quake. Just in the grander scale and kinda like a heart attack.

To be precise . It really does felt more like I'm right in the middle of a construction site working on to the jack hammer my self, while wearing some sort of ear muff or hearing protection that's why the hammering sound isn't as sharp.

Have you ever saw the cartoon character Wile E. Coyote when he took the earthquake pills? That's exactly how it feels like to me. It's such a bizarre feeling it often pair with unrealistic detaching from reality sensation , even the vision felt shaky .

Also this is what've found online about it.

Vibration syndrome. Cutaneous and systemic manifestations in a jackhammer operator.

Cohen SR, Bilinski DL, McNutt NS.
Abstract
Vibration syndrome (VS), which typically presents as a variant of Raynaud's phenomenon, has been characterized recently as a multisystem disorder of the peripheral circulation, nerves, muscles, and joints. The sequelae of the disorder are irreversible, but most clinical evidence indicates that vibration injury is completely reversible by early intervention. Advanced VS occurred in a jackhammer operator; his condition went unrecognized for more than 11 years. The clinical findings illustrate the broad spectrum of pathologic abnormalities associated with VS and emphasize the need for increased physician awareness of this disabling condition.

---------------------------------

I think this explaining my heavenly buzzing situation. Although my finger not always nor often goes white that much to notice. But once in along while it does.

What do you think?

Last edited:
wow....this is ringing quite a few bells in my ears (LOL). Beginning of the year, I found the courage to go to a neurologist (referred to by my GP) because of intense tingling sensations in my feet and this 'earthquake' like feeling. Earthquakes are my biggest fear in life, and sadly a reality of the area I live in. We also live in a poor building, so, well...it is a traumatizing thing in my life having been through a number of earthquakes (including ones of 7.8 and 7.5 within 2 weeks)

So for a time I thought it is my mind playing tricks on me - but I'd get the earthquake shakes continuously and it was something I had never had before. It was not helping with my anxiety either. My brain MR came back fine, so I was referred to a shrink (of course).

But reading this info, and hearing about Raynaud's - which I also suffer from - I should do some more research into this. I also often get the same sensation in my ears, but I thought it was normal, something everyone had. Then my sister said it could be my low blood pressure - which I also have (which is good, better than high blood pressure!). So after the neurologist, I just let it go....As with everything, I accepted it as a part of fibro (all doctors have made me believe everything I feel - good or bad - is fibro). But now I'll do more research into it (even though, yes, it probably is a part of fibro, isn't everything!)

The sun is shining here - it could be my fibro causing this sunshine, thank goodness for that!

LOL haha yes fibro causing the sun to shine....i'm sure anything is possible!

yes internal shakes...me too...my head also feel like it wants to nod repeatedly sometimes...lol i hope that image is giving you a laugh...like a nodding cartoon dog!

But its a jerky shakey feeling along with eyelids flickering and vision problems.

A sensation where words are either rolling across the page in waves or jumping out at me.... so many neurological symptoms i just accept after so any years I'm just one hot fibro mess!

Tipnetee I'm going to google Wile E. Coyote and see if i can find a clip of him taking earthquake pills.

Last edited:
OMG!! both of you just talking about every single things that I have been suffering for years!!

Me too Vicky ! I thought at first it was all in my head! However since in NY I was only experienced earthquake once and was very mild most people hardly noticed ( unlike when I was living in New Zealand) . So for a long time I thought there were some old subway line underneath me causing that shakes, but after I checked the subwaylines there were none. However those buzzing although as scary as it was it wasn't as strong as the Jack hammer.

Then after 2 moved later the last location apartment I had in NY was always under some sort of constructions. Every single morning they starting to use their drill and jack hammer, and since I suffer from Non-24 I often found my sleep in the morning along with the real aggravating jack hammer outside, then not long after I starting to get the crazy hammering ring in my ear. Then suddenly the buzz getting more bazaar like it's evoloving to the bigger vibrations and sound. But at that time I didn't know what it was and once my doctor dianosed me with fibro after that everything that I had experienced up to now are all fibro to him, Mysterious bruise even mysterious scratches, I had to looked him in the eyes as said " No sir, I'm pretty sure that was definitely my cat"

And Vicky, I have low blood pressure too, I would've still be taking oral aspirins for speeding up the blood pressure if it wasn't for my ears aching problem and once a while sounding like a radio signal or some one knocking.

I'm also glad that I don't have the ' Phantom viberation syndrome' since I hardly carry phone with me no more, cause talking about brain evolving to the point where it's learned that phone viberation or ring sound is meaning comunication. Then starting to calling us using the real phone sound or vibration in our ears or on our body where the phone usually located whenever we lack of some nutrients or in some sort of anxiety problems. How freaky is that.

And Oh diamond, if you remember I posted about my crazy eyes problem, that was when I was too saw all the pages that I was reading were rolling off like a wave and jumping right at me too. I only found out about my right eye suddenly traveled to the middle of my face while my left eye stayed still was because I asked my bf to quickly looking at what my eyes was doing while all the words on my pages was jumping right at me. And it's turned out that's why. Of course the crazy eyes making it looks that way to me. :???:

Diamond you can find the cartoon wile e coyote taking the earthquake pills on you tube video. I just saw it the other day my self :wink:

I watched the video of the earthquake pills ...yep that's the type of sensation..lol maybe not so violent as i haven't actually quite done the somersaults through the desert! Feels like your buzzing inside or connected to an electronic devise where the strength of the buzzing gets turned up and up!

Hell when your in bed and your mind feels supercharged at the same time...like you will spontaneously combust.

My laugh of the day watching the cartoon :)

I have low Bp too!

I get this feeling in my lower legs and it drives me a bit crazy plus it is painful at times. Also I noticed of late if I put a bandaide on my finger even if it is loosely put on my fingers throb. I have a mild Raynaud's , notice in cooler weather my feet feel like they are freezing and my hands and fingers, feel cold when they are not. Sometimes this also can be related to Peripheral Neropathy.

How interesting Diamond

Today I was watching TV and saw a show about new technologies that will happen in near future. They said since all heat and moving objects are great at powering electric . So they're going to turn our clothing fabric in to in to a charger and turn our body heats while running or walking in to a giant battery charger for things like cellphone or tablet.

I bet 3 of us can power up the whole house easily with all the powerful vibrations as bad as these , crazy combusted burn up heat, and wacky pulsationing pains and suffers. Think of how much money we can save , maybe fibro can litterally cause the sun shines! ( artifical one)

Seriously?
Where’s the useful encouragement some of us need?

Last edited:
I get this feeling in my lower legs and it drives me a bit crazy plus it is painful at times. Also I noticed of late if I put a bandaide on my finger even if it is loosely put on my fingers throb. I have a mild Raynaud's , notice in cooler weather my feet feel like they are freezing and my hands and fingers, feel cold when they are not. Sometimes this also can be related to Peripheral Neropathy.

I have cold hands and feet problem all my life. But fibro took it to another levels. Now when I get painfully burning hot knees , my crazy cold hands ironically does comes in handy cause it's just like a couple of freezing ice packs. :shock:

The throbing colds like I shoved my hands and feet in to snow without doing it just got worse each winter. Some crazy new theory of fibro said fibro started with the hands ( I wish it was that easy) . However I can see why they would think so. Since my thumbs' joints are hyper mobility joint , the cold pains can unexpectedly shoot up my arms and running pains elsewhere in body.

It must be the low blood pressure cause every simple blood test I have to do which usually take about 8 large tubes drawn out of me , I'm always out cold each time they finished and literally have to be dragged out of the doctor office . I'm glad I don't hate eating liver.

Seriously?
Where’s the useful encouragement some of us need?

Pray?

I use to do that during the horrific sleep paralysis, it stopping me from freaking out somehow. :shock:

I have not thought about it for a few months,but I used to get vibrations in my left collar bone on a regular basis.I would laugh to myself because if I knew what note it was,I could have been a human guitar tuning fork!

I had not even noticed that it has stopped.I think that it is because there are so many symptoms,and they often come and go,so I am focused on the ones that are bothering me at the moment.

I am so fascinated by the randomness of symptoms from one person to the next.How can we all be different but the same?To me it is one of the questions,why?It has an answer,but it is ignored.

One part of the answer is that,it is sad that everything in our world has become about money!!I am feeling so well that,I may go sign up to play indoor soccer or take a course on improving my swimming skills at a college nearby.I probably should start with the swimming first,I have not swam in three years!

In the five years I have lived here,this is the first time that I have contemplated it.Things can get better!

I think the mysteries of fibro seems to be what you've said Lubkos way about how we're all so different yet it similar , and the answers are all there but has been ignored.

I believe most answers can be found when we keep on looking for the sorts of each symptoms that we have individually . It may not be the whole answer about all fibro related , but at least one symptom at the time can help us get a better relieve in each day. Even just for a peace of mind. I believe we can think more clearly when we know at least one or more answer to goes on. It gave me hope to fight cause at least I know what I'm look for rather than randomly wait for the magic bullet.

Like my jack hammer vibration, the answers are quite simple regardless of right or wrong. The viberation syndrom it's point to raynaud . And now I know now why the iron supplement or other supplements I have been taking up to now seem to have good effects on me. Since it's pointing to low blood circulations or lack of bloody nutrients to keep it moving , at the moment of its jack hammering me to bits I can think of a lots more way to subdue it.

Low blood pressure need the lots of minerals such as more Sodium, magnesium, potassium, calcium, zinc, iron, etc. Plus in my case I've found mineral such as selenium to help boost my immune system to fight my flu like fatiguing type symptoms which also help me falling as sleep better and that's explained to me a lot why eating brazil nuts regularly has good effects on me . As far as my vitamins goes, it also explained to me a lot more of why I've found D3 and K2 -MK7 formular so needed , cause it's job is to boost all my minerals in take . Mysteries solved! 8) for me that is.

So I definitely believe that if I keep looking more more explanations of each and every annoying symptoms that I have , I'll have more better days. And better yet! I'm also learning how to mentally controling it one by one with more confidence knowing that nothing I've done haven't gone to wasted. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back