over excercised body pain. Confused. Please respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannah

Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
12/2014
Country
US
State
AR
This is the third time I have woke up to feel like I busted my butt exercising the day before. Believe you me, there is no major exercising in my life. You know how you can feel the whole muscle, it's tight and you can feel up and down the length of it. It's sore as you rub it. Not just at the pressure points. Yes it is equal on both sides of my body. A few in my arms a.d a few in my legs. I have had days when I feel like I have been beat-up. To me that feels real achy and exhausted and burnt out before the day even gets going. This feel different. These are isolated muscles and there are some in my legs and arms. Painful when I have to use that muscle rather annoying when I am not using that set. Does this make any sense. I don't want to feel alone with this one. Don't know if it's important to tell my doctor.

Yes ,a lot of times I wake up and feel like someone beat the crap outta me in the night.my arms hurt and legs are stiff.some hurt more then others.sometimes it's just one arm or maybe a foot. U never no what's going to hurt when u get up in the morning with this illness.

I get that feeling in my glutes. It's just like you describe, one particular muscle that sore and tight. I could understand it if I was still playing soccer. Sometimes I get that feeling in my ankles and forearms too.

Sometimes a little gentle stretching or light movement helps.

There are days when I wake up and feel like I've been hit by a 4x4, most times not knowing what caused it as I did nothing differently the day before. Strangely swimming, something that used to make me feel better, has been knocking me out for a few days to weeks. I have to cut down on the number of laps significantly as my condition has gotten worse since I got off Cymbalta a few months ago, and I cannot do the same number of laps as I used to.

But to your question, Hannah, I do sometimes have isolated muscles hurt when I've been either sleeping/sitting on them (ie. hips, glutes, right shoulder, etc) and haven't moved for a while, or if I subconsciously have been putting a lot of tension (ie. holding tension in my calf muscles without knowing and when i realize it and let go of the tension, i find relief)

I agree with DK, movement and stretching helps. I've gotten into foam rolling as well, it's uncomfortable and somewhat painful in the beginning especially with out sensitivity and already being in pain, but after several sessions, I found relief in the tight tender muscles.

That is a good idea, dancingwithfibro, I had not even considered trying foam rolling. I may need to experiment this week...

So what is foam rolling?

Thanks for the feed back everyone. If you know other tricks please respond.

Hannah - Foam rolling is rolling your tender, tight muscles on a foam roller to relieve your painful areas by giving yourself a self-myofascial release massage. You may have seen foam rollers at the gym, a pilates studio, or a physical therapist's office. It's about 2-3 feet long, hard foam cylinder, about 10 inches in diameter and you literally roll your body on it. If you decide to try it, please either ask a professional or at the very least watch youtube videos on how the professionals do it because it's easy not to do it correctly, and even hurt yourself. I have a terrible lower back and was first introduced to it by my physical therapist, she taught me how to use it, and since then I've added exercises watching helpful youtube vids. I hope you try it out! It's definitely one of my holistic tools to find some pain relief. ;)

DK- I got mine for I think $20, very affordable! It really helps out with the glutes, sometimes I just roll out my glutes when I don't have the energy to do the entire body. It really is unpleasant in the beginning tho, I was like, why in the hell would anybody think this is soothing?!? It hurts! lol At first, I could only withstand a few minutes at a time and then 5, and then 10, and then 20. I definitely took my time working my way up, but every time it got easier. And by the time I got to 10-15 minutes, I started to feel the benefits of it. Good luck! =)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hannah,

Remember that the muscles are what sends the pain messages to the brain.

what we are experiencing when we sleep is the muscles spasms, caused by sending non stop messages.

that's why we feel like we have run a marathon. mine can be severe at times too.

i dont know if im wake up in the am and have to use a walker,cane, or not even be able to get out of bed.

the only thing that has help me is a hot shower (if i can stand) and some muscle relaxers.

your doctor can feel the muscles and tell if they are spasms.

its part of fibro. thats how fibro works. the simple answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back