MissFibro

Diagnosis
01/2012
Country
US
State
CA
Hi All,

This forum stuff is super new to me so, here it goes! I'm a 32 year old female with Fibro, Major Depression, Anxiety, back problems, and at times substance abuse (I still love my wine :razz:) Fibro has been for the past 4 years or so, but it have progressively gotten worse.

I'll try not to make this lengthy, but doubt that's an option. My Fibro is KILLING me! I'm on Cymbalta, every pain patch imaginable (smell like I'm 80 years old with all the creams),Lidoderm patch for my back, I was taking up to 15 Norco a day (talk about getting a tolerance), I can go on and on the stuff I've tried...

I finally got to the point where the addiction to the norco was only making it worse. My husband is AMAZING and really supportive, although he still doesn't really how I can feel like this everyday, I'm a newlywed and babies are on our mind soon. All I can think is, "ya right". I can't even take care of myself. I want to be a Mom SO bad, but I'm afraid. I digress...

I'm a Kaiser member and they've really taken care of me thus far. I'm down to 5-500 Hydro a day but most of you know that's def not enough to take the pain. I've read on many posts about, "numbing the pain", I def was trying to at least do that and that's how I got through the last couple years... So, now what?

I'm in agony everyday, I had to quit my job over this (I get no finical help and have no clue how to seek that out), The only time I get some peace is if I NyQuil myself to sleep at night or drink a bottle of wine (which is no buneo either for the rest of you that know alcohol isn't good for our "syndrome" too).

I have lost my energy, lust for life, all my passions I can't even do anymore. WHO AM I? Anyway, blah blah right? Sorry to come on here and vent. Guess it feels good to get it out to people who know the nightmare we live in each day. What, IF anything is helping anyone? BESIDES the narcotic route, so over that!

Thanks for reading :oops:

MissFibro,
I hear you! Totally fed up with fibro and in pain that will not go away. I can tell you what has helped me deal with the mess fibro makes of a person's life and maybe some of it will work for you.

First off you need to lose the stress in your life. When we are over stressed and worried it only makes our muscles more tight and then they will not relax at will, so we are in constant non-ending pain. When home sit down and watch funny movies that make you laugh. Take a bubble bath and relax. Read a good book that holds your attention. When you plan your day do one major thing and a few less important things. Calm your nerves and try not to argue with anyone. Start some hobbies like gardening or needlework, or working puzzles. Hobbies that make you pay attention to what you are doing so you can forget about the pain.

Look for a feather or cotton, or foam bed pad topper to lay on top of your regular mattress. They come in all bed sizes. These pads are extra thick and provide a cushion for you bad and hips which helps relax your whole body. If you sleep better you will feel better.

Eat a healthy diet, with less junk food and no diet soda. Fresh fruits and vegetables, help your body to heal. Try to back off the wine as some drinks can lessen the effects of your medication to a point they do not work well anymore. Ask your doctor about Neurontin. It helps with pain. and you might need different meds if what you have is not working well.

Be brave, and know your not alone in your fight with fibro. Please ask more questions and join in on the different topic's. :)

MissFibro,
I hear you! Totally fed up with fibro and in pain that will not go away. I can tell you what has helped me deal with the mess fibro makes of a person's life and maybe some of it will work for you.

First off you need to lose the stress in your life. When we are over stressed and worried it only makes our muscles more tight and then they will not relax at will, so we are in constant non-ending pain. When home sit down and watch funny movies that make you laugh. Take a bubble bath and relax. Read a good book that holds your attention. When you plan your day do one major thing and a few less important things. Calm your nerves and try not to argue with anyone. Start some hobbies like gardening or needlework, or working puzzles. Hobbies that make you pay attention to what you are doing so you can forget about the pain.

Look for a feather or cotton, or foam bed pad topper to lay on top of your regular mattress. They come in all bed sizes. These pads are extra thick and provide a cushion for you bad and hips which helps relax your whole body. If you sleep better you will feel better.

Eat a healthy diet, with less junk food and no diet soda. Fresh fruits and vegetables, help your body to heal. Try to back off the wine as some drinks can lessen the effects of your medication to a point they do not work well anymore. Ask your doctor about Neurontin. It helps with pain. and you might need different meds if what you have is not working well.

Be brave, and know your not alone in your fight with fibro. Please ask more questions and join in on the different topic's. :)

Thank you for responding! Never done a forum. Seems like people read and move on. So, I really appreciate your attention to my thread. I'm trying not to be stressed, but def am. Financial, pain, feeling that I can't do anything. I've tried Neuontin. Along with gammapaten, norco, vicodin, percocet, cymbalta, and all the "other ones" they say will help but don't. I really don't want to take more vicodin... but at this point (oh, and I'm also in the process of moving), nothing else eases the pain :confused:

Vicodin actually just masks the pain so you don't feel it and then you over do. Try some of the above things when you get moved and work on trying different medications. Lots of people here have posted about their medications and many are fighting addictive drugs. So maybe you just need to slow down and relax more and get some help for depression.

Most of us here try to answer every post, but with so many new people everyday we sometimes get behind. So don't feel that no one cares about you. Just jump in on the action and post questions and answer other peoples posts. That way soon you will feel part of the group and get to know more people. Read my blog posts and get some ideas for helping yourself in other areas of your life.

I hope you feel better soon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back