Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2011
Country
NL
State
NL
Well, it seems my old friend: thigh pain is back! Yep, my thighs are killing me right now. It feels kinda funny when I stand up, I guess I'll just ignore it tho. It feels like the kind of pain I get sometimes before my period arrives, but I rarely get that symptom... plus my period is 12 days away!

The pain I'm talking about can be felt on both of my thighs... my skin is a bit sensitive over there as well. My knees are hurting as well.

I'd like to know if any of you gals ever get this kind of pain? Even when you're not expecting your period? Is this normal for someone with fibro?

yesterday, my thighs felt like I had no muscle strength at all. it was a weird feeling. in a way it felt like I had no muscles, but then they felt like they weighed 100lbs each. very strange. and they hurt as well. I decided too soak in an extremely hot Epsom salt bath with lavender and that helped tremendously. I have already went through menopause, so it had nothing to do with my cycle. lol I'm not sure what caused it yesterday. feeling much better today.

My knees have been swelling up and feeling very heavy. I had full body "touch" today, the therapist ask was I relax; I said yes and proceeded to tell her that her touch feels good but also feels like any moment it's going to hurt really bad. So she said, you are not relaxed. Well long story short my legs mainly the thighs are retaining fluid so bad that she couldn't feel my muscle.

Now what am I to do? They hurt, heavy, and I don't know what's causing it. I over used my ankles yesterday, now I can barely walk today. I'm definatley using my cane.

yesterday, my thighs felt like I had no muscle strength at all. it was a weird feeling. in a way it felt like I had no muscles, but then they felt like they weighed 100lbs each. very strange. and they hurt as well. I decided too soak in an extremely hot Epsom salt bath with lavender and that helped tremendously. I have already went through menopause, so it had nothing to do with my cycle. lol I'm not sure what caused it yesterday. feeling much better today.

Glad to know you're feeling better now :) That kind of pain is really tough, by the way... mine had nothing to do with my cycle. It must have been fibro acting up in a very weird and painful way. There is always a pain here and there everyday, today was the turn of my wrists and the palm of my hands :p

I'll try soaking in a bath like that next time ;) I thought that kind of remedies were useless, but your comment intrigued me.

My knees have been swelling up and feeling very heavy. I had full body "touch" today, the therapist ask was I relax; I said yes and proceeded to tell her that her touch feels good but also feels like any moment it's going to hurt really bad. So she said, you are not relaxed. Well long story short my legs mainly the thighs are retaining fluid so bad that she couldn't feel my muscle.

Now what am I to do? They hurt, heavy, and I don't know what's causing it. I over used my ankles yesterday, now I can barely walk today. I'm definatley using my cane.

Sorry to hear that :( My knees give me a lot problems often, ever since I was a teen, so I know what it is like :(

I don't like it when they (doctors, nurses, hospital staff, you name it!) tell me I'm not relaxed, lol. I'm a nervious person by nature and that shows a lot on my face. Some people think they know me better than I do! Sometimes I am relaxed... it's just I'm already stuck with this facial expression, mmkay? :lol:

Sorry to hear that, but how often are you seeing your doctor? You should really talk about this with him/her. Also... are you mantaining a healthy diet? A low in sodium one? Right now my feet are bit swollen, mostly because my sodium intake has been high lately... can't wear my fav shoes!

Last edited:
Well, it seems my old friend: thigh pain is back! Yep, my thighs are killing me right now. It feels kinda funny when I stand up, I guess I'll just ignore it tho. It feels like the kind of pain I get sometimes before my period arrives, but I rarely get that symptom... plus my period is 12 days away!

The pain I'm talking about can be felt on both of my thighs... my skin is a bit sensitive over there as well. My knees are hurting as well.

I'd like to know if any of you gals ever get this kind of pain? Even when you're not expecting your period? Is this normal for someone with fibro?
Hi Trellum,

I do get thigh pain and weakness fairly often. It can be really hard to climb stairs. I have pain and weakness in all my extremities, actually, and am having neuromuscular testing tomorrow. I sometimes feel like my PCP, whom I love and who takes everything seriously, is over-thinking things. She gave me the fibro diagnosis several months ago after tons of tests came back normal, but now she's got me back in the diagnostic loop. When I tell her that lots of people on this forum describe the same symptoms I have, including weakness, she says she believes that many of the people here have something else that has not yet been diagnosed and that fibro is a sort of placeholder. I have no idea what to think about that.

Anyway, I hope you feel better soon!

I have a huge problem with my knees. In fact, that and my hips are really the first things that will hurt me. They used to turn red and burn too. It wasn't very fun, and it still isn't.

I agree with a previous poster. Baths, lots of hot baths. It's one of the biggest at home things I do for pain relief. I hope you're feeling better at this point and have had some relief. :sad:

I find that a heating pad works great, anywhere on my body that hurts -- including my stomach. CVS has a pretty good selection of them. My new best friend. ;)

My hips and thighs hurt all the time. I am especially bad on the right side. I can't do stairs either, even driving bothers my right leg. Having my dog touch my legs with her nails is like razors scraping down my skin. I also love the heating pad

During my last severe flare up ( 2 days ago) I for the first time got the thigh fatigue and ache. I am a male, so I can't talk about whether or not cycles have anything to do with it. It seems that my flare ups differ some each time, the last one was the absolute worst so far. It lasted about 24 hours and the last 2 days has been back to the daily hip pain that is always there.

I just started diving and have found that when I am in the water and 30 feet or deeper, it is like I don't have it. I have heard that compression therapy could be a help, I just wish a could find a way for someone to foot the bill for me to dive in warm water daily :)

I actually get thigh pain. I never know where it comes from. I did not think of it being from Fibro. I wonder why I had not thought of that so much.

I get thigh pain. Usually I pretty much ignore it as I have worse pain to worry about but I have trouble with walking, especially stairs (which has done wonders for my phobia of lifts) and yesterday I stood up and fell straight back down again. I found that quite funny but it won't be funny if it becomes a regular part of my life.

I don't like it when they (doctors, nurses, hospital staff, you name it!) tell me I'm not relaxed, lol. I'm a nervious person by nature and that shows a lot on my face. Some people think they know me better than I do! Sometimes I am relaxed... it's just I'm already stuck with this facial expression, mmkay? :lol:

I hate being told this, too... doctors, nurses, dentists... they all seem to think that people should be able to "relax" at will. Some people just have "white coat syndrome" and telling yourself that you're going to "stay calm" simply doesn't work because it's not the kind of thing we're able to control. :neutral:

This reply is to those suffering with the thigh and leg, pain and weakness. I had weakness in my thighs before the total weakness set in. I found if I wore leggings in the summer they gave my upper leg the needed support. I also used knee socks, (not support hose or compression socks,) as they were too tight. The latter helped strengthen and support my legs and helped with climbing stairs and walking, and life in general.

In the winter I use thermal pants (longjohns), for my legs. You can buy cotton ones or ones with spandex that stretch but in turn provide good support. They are in all sizes and for men and women. Men can also wear jeans which provide additional support, much better than floppy pants. In the summer wearing jean shorts will help as well.

I find this gives my legs more support and more energy for those days when it is cold or anyday when I want to do more, or be out and about enjoying life. Worth trying. :)

Thanks a lot for sharing :) I've started wearing leggings this winter, and I do seem to start getting better. Thanks a lot for sharing, I'm very sure someone else will surely find this helpful :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back