Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
KYA
State
Central
Experts believe that 1 in 4 fibro patients have foot pain but most don't get treatment. Some problems like Mortons neuroma, a benign enlargement of the nerve that causes a tingling and shooting pain between the third and fourth toes is worsened by fibro. It can be treated with cortisone shots or surgery. Another common source of foot pain is Planter fasciitis. The soft connective tissue of the foot becomes inflamed and sore due to bad choices of footwear. A supportive arch may prevent pain. Walking exercises are very beneficial.

I do have plantar fasciitis, but it's not always bothersome, unless I pend a lot time standing up, then it does become an issues. Sometimes my feet do hurt randomly, but I'm lucky because that doesn't happen so often :) I think this is all connected though... it's all in our brains... I guess we are too over sensitive to the pain signals? Similar to what I read about IBS, we perceive even the things that are not painful to people who don't suffer from FM. Same goes with IBS, I guess. Hellish combo.

I actually know a man in my neighborhood who has fibromyalgia and he currently feels a lot of pain specifically on his right foot, it is kind of a weird thing but he says that it is something normal for him, he got used to it years ago, he is 60 and he has Fibro since he was around 17, kinda awesome he has lasted that long and he's still active.

I have MN in my right foot, I had 2 neuromas. I tried the stretching, orthotics, and injections. The injections worked for a few weeks and now it is back. I am not sure about surgery. I also have bunions, a hammer toe, and now my neuromas are back. I hate this!

I have pain in my feet daily. Sometimes aching, sometimes shooting pains. I've learned to accept it and understand that it's part of Fibro. Sometimes it gets annoying when I'm driving though.

I have a couple of friends who are chiropodists and although they don't know what to tell me about most of my body, they have provided tons of info about feet because I suffer badly in my left foot. My right experiences some pain, but to a different degree and I think it's probably from overcompensating.

The one thing I have found helpful for weeks at a time also happens to cause the most excruciating pain whilst doing the exercise, but I do it because the benefits outweigh the constant pain. It's a simple thing, just make sure you've got something to help keep you steady as you go because it is not fun. Grab your broom, lay it down on the floor and ever so slowly, inch across it from the tip of your toes down to the back of your foot. Do this 2/3 times a day (can be done at the same time of day) and over a period of days until you feel relief.

I have orthotics, but a good quality shoe is important. Pick them up and if you can bend them or twist them, they aren't going to support your feet properly. Move on. A lot of the orthopedic shoes aren't super attractive or trendy, but there are other brands I have heard them (and others) float over the years (New Balance, Asics, Merrell). We once saw a chiropodist in another country and they refused to do any treatment whatsoever until we purchased Merrell's and had been wearing them for 6 mos. I currently own asics.

Last edited:
I believe my first obviouse overlooked fibromyalgia symptom was planters faciates. I did the cortisone shots for over a year with little relief (plus they are painful) then did the surgery on my right foot. The improvement was minuet so I declined doing the left. I don't think it's pf I think now it's just part of fibro.

Foot pain was my very first fibro pain....i was also told plantar fasciitis although I gather that is heel pain.

My GP told me to fill small cola bottles with water and freeze it..then roll my feet over them several times a day.

I recall the pain which was all new to me meant i tried to sit down at every opportunity and remember perching on a 4 inch window ledge while queuing to board a flight to get off my killing feet.

It lasted a few weeks then miraculously went away...but little did i know it was the start of fibro and months later became a regular fibro symptom.

7 yrs ago I injured my left foot, planters facilities, I was walking and feeling pretty good, so......I thought, I'd run. I told my massage therapist at the time that I was afraid to walk to much, she said maybe I physically wanted it to happen. What the #$@/*#? $). Is wrong with people. I'm really sick of the guilt trip.

Yes i had some crazy stuff said to me too Moe especially the beginning...when fibro first went into my arms a horrible Dr said she had to check the shoulder joints and wanted to pull twist and rotate each arm in all directions.

I knew something terrible was wrong with my body...all new to me then of course and I was aware that repeated or rough quick movements would cause pain for ages...she got so cross with me as my instinct by then was not to give control of my body to anyone to do what they wanted.

She kept saying relax relax...hurting you won't mean harm...I beg to differ and wouldn't let her yank me about!

A physio had already refused to carry on treatment on my feet, knee, and shoulders as she couldn't understand why regular exercises were seizing me up for days or weeks. I couldn't understand it all back then either as I had never heard of fibro.

Apparently its very common for fibro patients to present as fearful of examinations.

Last edited:
I had the surgery on my right foot for my neuroma. The surgery went well, however I am having problems healing. I got my stitches out 12 days later. 3 days after my suture removal the wound busted open. I could see the inside of my foot. The ER Steri-tripped it and I was told to take it easy. I have to call my surgeon first thins tomorrow. I had actually tried to go back to work so now on my 3rd day of work I have to call in and am not sure if I will be able to return soon. I am so depressed and wondering when anything good will happen again. I tried to go back to work because it is getting tough financially and I still have about 650 days before my hearing so I gave up on that. It is getting harder to be the slightest positive!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back