Not open for further replies.

thedaveman000

Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
UT
Hi, I was just diagnosed today by the Neurologist. I currently am having lots of pain which seems to get worse and worse all the time. I'm not educated on this diagnosis/disease so i'm not sure if everyone has different symptoms or not but I have a question about pain and walking. One of the pain issues i'm currently having is pain while walking. In fact, i've resorted to buying a cane for the times when it's that bad (which usually is at the end of the day). Has anyone here had this same problem? If anyone could possibly advise me on this, or could help me better understand this disease, it would be very much appreciated.

Have a great day,
David

Dave, I'm so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Acrually just today I was having a lot pain while walking, my heels were giving me a lot problems again, today the pain was really bad and started all of a sudden. Is this similar to your pain? or your knees are the ones bothering you? The only thing that has helped me to deal with this kind of pain naturally is to wear the most comfy shoes I can find! That and keeping my feet and legs warm when I'm at home. I also let my boyfriend massage my feet and legs with a very nice oil that numbs my pain completely...

David,
Those of us with fibro often get a condition called Plantar Fascilitis, which is inflamation in the bottom of our feet. This is very painful and makes walking difficult. There are special shoes that you wear at night that help stretch out the ligaments in the bottom of the feet which can help stop the foot pain quickly. Also try to wear well-fitting supportive shoes with padding in shoes for extra comfort. I like sketchers, as they are supportive yet light weight.

Also try to avoid walking too much until the condition eases. Soaking your feet in Espon salts and warm water helps relax the inflamed foot muscles as well. Hope you feel better soon. :)

Hi, I was just diagnosed today by the Neurologist. I currently am having lots of pain which seems to get worse and worse all the time. I'm not educated on this diagnosis/disease so i'm not sure if everyone has different symptoms or not but I have a question about pain and walking. One of the pain issues i'm currently having is pain while walking. In fact, i've resorted to buying a cane for the times when it's that bad (which usually is at the end of the day). Has anyone here had this same problem? If anyone could possibly advise me on this, or could help me better understand this disease, it would be very much appreciated.

Have a great day,
David

Welcome to the forum, David! Sounds as if you've already made an important step in understanding by joining the forum. I'd strongly suggest reading back over the threads in the various areas here because there is a wealth of information.

The pain when you're walking... is it all-over pain or in a specific area? I'm not sure if it makes a difference, but my friends with fibro often suffer more at the end of a day and hips seem to be one of those places where it's even worse than the all-over pain.

Hi Dave I get foot pain myself. Gets worse as the day goes on. I bring extra shoes to work just so I have them in case my feet get sore. Hang in there Dave and check in whenever you want or need.

I'm new to this forum also and was diagnosed with fibro in 2011. Was shocked to actually read about the Plantar Fasciitis being common. So weird because I have had this heel stuff going on since this last July. Very hard to walk with that and my hips and legs seems to be even stiffer than they were.

I had no idea that plantar fasciitis was more common among fibro folk. Wow. I've had PF for years, and have had to have specially made orthotic inserts for my shoes and several rounds of steroid injections. What is it about fibro that would predispose someone to have PF? Is it the muscle tension from fibro? Or weight gain due to inactivity because of fatigue?

It could be a little bit of both Corvid. I think the fact our muscles are so tense and walking on pavement like sidewalks is really stressful for our feet, and when we jog or run, that doubles the effect. Plus weight gain from inactivity puts even more pressure on our poor tired feet, until PF suddenly developes. I had it really bad two years ago and walking was so painful. Then my mom lent me the family car until my condition improved. I did not get the special footwear that stretches your toes upward at night, I just pressed my foot against the foot board of the bed every night. It took several weeks for it to finally go away. The shoes I bought had good cushioning and were lightweight on my feet. That helped as well.

I hope you read around the forum for more pain management coping skills. :)

Also get bouts with plantar f ...i can use topical pain relievers for this...but when fibro sets into the hips..i have to go get therapy

Hello,
Pain while walking? i didn't get it exactly where is it paining and is it chronic or you had any accident? Please give brief information about that so i can tell you the better solution on the same...

I get a lot of relief from plantar f ..with products like soothanol x2 , pain erase..but if the pain is extreme ..i can use oil of oregano..which is smelly but kills pain rapidly.

I am in so much pain from just moving. I'm so stiff that I can't walk at times. The muscles in my body are so tight they just hurt all the time. It has gotten worse and it seems the cold weather hasn't helped it at all. I know how you're feeling man. I hope and pray that you find something that works.

Fibro patients also have a lot of problems with other soft tissues like tendons and ligaments, which seem to be involved with pf

Think about researching the product Tommie Copper. I have Fibormyalgia, and I bought me a compression sleeve for the leg, and one for the ankle. They even have one for the calf area. You can walk, exercise in them, and, even sleep in them as well. Find out for yourself if Tommie Copper products might be right for you. Fibromyalgia suffers may find the relief they need if they look into more information about these great products.

Yes. I have no idea why, but it has been really bugging me lately. I try to walk to exercise, but the pain in my legs overwhelms me. I don't know what to do. Exercise is supposed to make you feel better, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back