Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
04/2008
Country
US
State
MO
Out of all the drugs on this planet, are there any that help fatigue? My rheumatologist put me on plaquenil 5 years ago, and almost overnight I was well again and my fatigue was gone. I am in a major flare up and have been sick since early February. I'm tired, feel inflammation, and some muscular pain. I have Sjogren's Syndrome and fibromyalgia. I just started on Imuran yesterday. Any hope? The fatigue is what is disabling me. I've had to cancel all social functions, and it looks like I'll miss out on this summer. Hopefully not. But I don't know.

Keep in mind that drugs only cover up an issue. They usually don't repair or heal your body, but instead replace something in your body that isn't working right. So drugs are tricky, because they don't work as well as the body would if the body were healthy.

My honest advice would be not to rely on drugs (but if you find one that helps, great!) I'd personally do everything I could to find the root issue of the fatigue and try to fix it. For me, I'm hypoglycemic, have major digestive trouble, and adrenal fatigue. I'm addressing those issues and my fatigue is lightening up with time.

I used to take an excellent green tea supplement that gave me a lot energy, but sadly I had to stop it because according to several studies it seem antioxidants can actually make things worse if you have an undiagnosed tumor growing inside you or if you want to avoid getting cancer. Oh yeah... just when we thought free radicals were the enemy and antioxidants were so good.

Other than drugs you can also try to plan your activities for the day. Make sure that you have intervals in every activity. In order to limit fatigue, it is important that you conserve your energy as much as possible. It is also good to have someone who will assist you much of the time so that you will not exert much effort.

I have symptoms of adrenal fatigue. My body doesn't react well to stress. I had a disagreement with a friend in her house out of town, and it totally threw me into a flare. I don't know how to go about knowing if adrenal fatigue is my diagnosis or not, and what treatments there are for it. I'm tired of being my own doctor.

I have symptoms of adrenal fatigue. My body doesn't react well to stress. I had a disagreement with a friend in her house out of town, and it totally threw me into a flare. I don't know how to go about knowing if adrenal fatigue is my diagnosis or not, and what treatments there are for it. I'm tired of being my own doctor.

You should see an endo, because adrenal fatigue can be a serious issue if left untreated. Amazingly enough I've managed to get several of my own diagnosis confirmed by a doctor. Yep, sometimes it takes to see a bunch of them, but it's worth the effort!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back