Status
Not open for further replies.
It does seem as if different things work for each of us. I guess that makes sense, since we're bringing out individual bodies into the equation of this shared illness. I like threads like this one where we all post what we're doing, and what works or doesn't work for us. I'm still struggling to find something that helps keep my fibro fog at bay. I'm unable to drink coffee right now for other reasons (IBS among them), so it's an even more difficult period for me. If I'm just tired, I can get up and move around and that helps, but when the truly thick fibro fog hits, nothing helps. At that time, I can't even watch TV or read, because they're too mentally taxing.

Your body tells you what it need. Unfortunately we need to listen to it. I take B12 and Magnesium on top of all the other medications and other ailments and I am always very fatigued. I often take a nap in the afternoon, I have to. My body just says 'ok, that's enough, time to lay down.'

That's the big deal! The body is wise and in fact tells us what it needs, but if we don't listen we are at a loss.

Thirty years, next year, with fibro ... still stinks!!! all of the symptoms you folks mentioned here seem to be the same for most of us. And of all those, fatigue bothers me FAR more than pain. I don't believe we get "used to" pain, just that it's there all the time ... and we try to adjust. the endless fatigue is AWFUL!!!!!!!! and the fibro fog resulting is gut-wrenching! i used to be efficient. gone. just plain gone. Those of us that were very active "before" are devastated at being hit by a brick wall. Not running into it, it ran into us !!
my experience is that rest helps, but the true miracle is SLEEP. and we do not get enough natural sleep, just get knocked with different meds. so i learned long ago: "LISTEN TO YOUR BODY". if you need to sleep longer into the day, do so. i used to feel irresponsible, then i learned to remind me that I am seriously infirmed.
this' a nasty, nasty disease ... and after 3 decades i can see that it's still not being recognized as the life-changer it is. try to remember you cannot go back to the "old" you with this beast ... you're not alone as far as people across the planet having THE EXACT SAME SYMPTOMS ... and when the fatigue hits, SIT STILL... for however long it takes. what counts is keeping ourselves alive ... caring for ourselves long after friends and family "disappear" ... so go at your body's pace, and your brain will become more alert.
When your brain feels "better", do things with it instead of physical acts ... puzzles, reading, research Johnny Depp, doodle ... the rest of the stuff can and must wait. and as i started this, fibromyalgia STINKS !!!!!!!!!!
don't give up, friends :)

Yes, tramadol will cause constipation. I eat fruit daily. Best medicine to prevent it. Also find eating fruit snacks during the day gives me energy.

This isn't a solution at all ... but I found that a shot of alcohol (no mix) would clear my brain fogs. Anyone else notice this effect? ... the relief was rapid (within 10 minutes). I think I know why this trick worked for me, but I'm curious if anyone else found this. I find that an aerobic workout clears my head ... so that's what I do now.

What's the half life of the sleeping meds that you are on? Also, a large meal taken with those meds will extend the half life. I have no idea why any Dr. would prescribe. A sleeping pill with a half life greater than about 6 hours ... but many do.

Aside from taking the right meds ... stimulating adrenalin is a great way to wake up. Coffee and exercise will do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back