Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
CA
State
Quebec
I heard that rhodiola is helpful for fibro. I also heard ginsengs of all kinds can rev up an immune system that is already in overdrive.
Opinions differ. Anyone tried it ?
I find D3 is helpful.

I'm thinking about trying rhodiola for a couple of months.

i went to a doctor related website to investigate this alternative medication. At this time there are no warnings against taking it and no true proof that it has worked for humans, meaning what ?? I don't know. Did mention that long term use was not recommended. Some reviews said it helped with memory and energy. Another person said he had a allergic reaction to it.

I would be very careful in trying this alternative medication and be alert to any negative reactions. Even though it is not a prescription drug it can be a danger to your health.

Supplements can be good but every product we put into our body can have side affects. As a Paramedic my education has taught me this. For example St Johns Wart causes serious reactions with other medications yet, it is sold at a health food store so consumers tend to conclude it is harmless. Serious research and professional guidance needs to be factored into the ingestion of every product, including those from health food stores.

I take vitamin D3 and iron which don't necessarily noticeably help BUT when I am off them I notice a difference. I have been on rhodiola for a few months and don't see an improvement in symptoms but rather see an improvement in my ability to complete tasks regardless. I am also taking three scoops of D-ribose throughout the day which has definitely given me an energy boost and some clarity during the day, but only while I am taking it! My integrative doctor will only prescribe me supplements that have some medical/scientific evidence for them (admittedly the evidence is small but it's there at least).

My biggest accomplishment of finding the right supplement that helping me are the Vitamins K2 MK7+D3 support my bone health along with extra calcium supplement . Cause right now my most concerned issue is that i suffering from brittle teeth (my teeth crumbling out like the grain of sand) , and bone lost do to fibromyalgia. My body was literally could no longer absorbing calcium that I eat before. To my surprised to find out that D3 playing the big part of bone density and regeneration and with K2 vitamin which still newly found that support bone health far better than anything I had hope for my teeth stop crumbling, my gum stop itching do to the fast amount lost of enamel , my teeth starting to feel stronger ( I can finally chew some food!!!). But even more surprising is that with K2 vitamin my joint pain are very much less than it used to be not to mention my problematic digestive problem are fixed. But if just one day I forgot to take my doses of K2 and D3 with calcium I can feel all my body pains starting to come back including other annoying symptoms.

Also I try to eat more gelatin or adding plain gelatin powder to my cooking for collagen. Plain gelatin powder can make super delicious full flavor broth out of any plain boil water and vegetable with simple seasoning.

As far as chronic pains , I watch my electrolytes level very closely. I think I wanna try the pink salt solution for high mineral treatment. Cause my body don't seem to evenly take fluid in or out. I can't drink just plain water anymore cause plain water just go through my system too fast , it no longer dehydrated me long enough and just making me pee a few times each hour. ( I'm sick of having to pee all the time) so for unknown reason my body really love Arizona green tea with ginseng , I'm not really sure why but it's the only thing that can keep rehydrating me the best with much less problems.

Last edited:
I have actually never found a supplement that I thought helped me at all, although I have tried several.
Maybe they did help and just not enough for me to notice, I don't know.

I have given supplements to my dogs, too, and have not noticed any change in them, but I have continued to give them on the vet's recommendation because I unfortunately cannot get into their minds and know if it is helping or not. Wish I could. :)

I have never tried but still, want to know how it affects our body?

Last edited by a moderator:
I am interested interested in this option. While i have suffered for many years with moderate fatigue,pain etc ,(i thought i had RA and depression), a flare sent my symptoms into the stratosphere for about 3 months. I have now a recent partial remission in pain and brain fog..less so with fatigue. This may or may not be due or partially due to a probiotic supplement taken with prebiotic food. It may simply be co-incidence. Ideally a study should be controlled,radomized and double-binded but perhaps we can informally gather some useful info within the community.
It would be advantageous to all if we kept the same symptom-checker app which i believe require little effort with which we could compare results while committing to our chosen supplement (just the one would be good)for a period of,say,3 months. If those who chose not to supplement would also track that would be a control (though uncontrolled!) group.
Does this interest anyone?

I thought the last comment had a very good idea as in adding symptoms that one might experience from taking a supplement and whether it was good or bad. I started taking Horse Chestnut extract as it was said to help with blood flow in the legs. However at first it seemed to help but then I started getting all the signs and symptoms of very intense pins and needles like Peripheral neuropathy. The symptoms and signs depend upon the cause. Usually, the real disorder affects the nerves that provide sensation, which causes pain, tingling, and burning symptoms of the nerves affected.

I was in more pain from taking this supplement then from my fibro. I stopped taking the horse chestnut and the strange feelings went away and I am back to normal again. So if you take any herbal or otherwise supplements be care and pay attention to any new symptoms that develop that could be damaging your health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back