DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
08/2009
Country
US
State
MI
:pHello Fellow Fibro Members,
Of course, obviously I am new... My story does not just center around the fibromyalgia, instead,,,, I deal with many other health concerns.

In short, I suffer from multiple back problems including; (degenerative disc disease, bulging discs, arthritis, tears in L4/L5 ), bursitis, asthma, IBS, severe dairy/egg allergy, hiatal hernia, depression, and vertigo.:(

:-D Regarding my diagnoses. Came quite late,,, I have had the muscle pain as long as I can remember. And as I got older,,, to old actually, (LOL), :?: 53 now, I decided to put the pain and symptoms aside and go back to school. In my 40s I managed to go to college, work two part time jobs, and volunteer teaching illiterate adults how to read. At the age of 47 I graduated. Got a great job as an Early Head Start Teacher. And that's when It really got bad for me. Not sure why,,,,, but, I re-injured my back lifting baby's n toddlers, was in a car accident, had surgery on my shoulder, and surgery on my hiatal hernia, death in the family, anxiety/panic attacks, and of course family drama, can't forget that. :neutral:

:roll:As time progressed, I started missing a lot of work. Went to multiple dr's, got tested for everything including MS, lyme, well a big work up and came up with fibromyalgia. That was 2009. The strange thing is,,,, when my children were very young,, my muscles were in a ton of pain,,,especially my shoulders, neck area.... The pain center diagnosed me about 20 year ago,, but as life continued,,, I tried to get by the pain I had every day. After my 5 children have grown, and I have moved back to my home town, I have gotten so much worse. My back, asthma, and fibro are a big struggle for me. And my whole life has changed. No longer working, no income, no health insurance,(and yes I have applied for Medicaid, ObamaCare, and disability Medicaid Insurance,,,,have been denied for all including SSI). :(

So here I am today,, joining this group, going to the dr and adding up thousands of dollars in medical care. Also owe in education loans. My life is basically a mess. Does not surprise me I have depression. Oh yeh,,,, I did not mention my husband,,, he does not support me at all,,, and my children all live far away. So that is it,,, there really is more to my story, but that is yet to come...Thanks for reading, and glad to be here. Basically, just want to vent, and help others too. Maybe learn some tricks to approaching fibro in a different way. That's it, I'm done. Peace to all. :D

Welcome to the club that no one enjoys being a part of, AngelMary.

I'm sorry you're having so much trouble. It's terrible that your husband is not supportive. How are your children? Is it possible you could move somewhere closer to them? It's so cool you were able to finish school. I tried but as each year went on it got harder before I knew I had to quit. I chose the wrong degree, Biological Anthropology, to do anything with it. If I had the money, I'd get my accounting degree. Being able to work at my own pace allows me to forget about the pain a little. I can get lost in numbers. If only I could go back...

Anyways, welcome to the forum. I hope to see you around some.

Sorry you have to go through all of that, I'm 54 and have most of those problems and a few others,including a husband. Have you applied for ssd, you should be eligible with your medical problems. I will tell you that you will get denied a number of times, but keep at ita nd fill out the forms how you feel on your absolute worst day and lie on top of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back