Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
01/2014
Country
US
State
Alabama
I was finally diagnosed in January with Fibromyalgia.Doc said I have probably had it for years...New on here...Does anyone else have bad tremors..My hands shake really bad.. :confused: or is it just me..I have had this before I started neurotin..Anyone else on neurotin..I have gained 2 pounds in the 2 weeks I have been on it. :shock: I take 1200 mg a day..today I have tremors bad.

Ladybug32,
Welcome to the forum. In answer to your question, yes I have hand tremors and have had them for years long before I started any medication for fibro. Neurontin does cause some weight gain, but if you can stand using it and it helps your pain, then consider yourself very lucky as this medication has less harmful side effects and works well with other meds. I have used it for 25 years now.

I was told long ago that my hand tremors were essential tremors, not related to any other serious muscle disease. When I am upset or nervous, or having a flare my hands shake worse. It sometimes runs in families, as my dad and one brother have it as well. You can do a web search and read about it.

Hope that reading around the different topics on fibro help you with your symptoms and please ask questions or share your opinions around the forum. :)

I too have bouts of terrible tremors and long before diagnosed with Fibro. Never found what caused it

I think I get them every so often but never attributed it to anything.

I have a dog who doesn't have the best temperament. Days when I'm shaking I can't be around her. She picks up on the difference and gets grouchy. It's weird. I feel it through my whole body though, not my just my hands. I can see my hands shaking pretty bad when I'm feeling that way. Thankfully, it doesn't happen that often. I can tell when it's going to start though, because my dog starts acting funny towards me.

Hey LadyBug,

I don't have tremors unless I'm getting hypoglycemic. And I get hypoglycemic when I don't eat often enough. As far as weight gain, I don't know if I can tell what caused the weight gain because I've gained so much. Sorry, hope that helps.

Thank Y'all..It is a relief to know I am not the only one who gets them, not that I wish them on anybody,but you know what I mean.

This is actually the first time I'd heard that this was part of fibro. I've had them for a while and been trying to figure out why. Thanks for letting me know what the heck is really going on here LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back