Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
CA
Since coming here and being undiagnosed for so long, all the while thinking I for sure have fibro, I am starting to rethink things a little bit and could use your input.

Are there some of you who have been diagnosed with fibromyalgia who do NOT have the classic "tender pain points"? Are there some of you who do not fit completely in the fibro box? I do not fit completely in the fibro box so now I am starting to think maybe CFS.

For instance, I hurt all over, I do not tend to have the pain in the special pain point spots, mine is more of a generalized pain, ie. forearms, shoulders. Also I do not generally have headaches (thank-God). I would say my worst symptoms are:

brain fog, fatigue,
eye disturbances,
generalized flu like pain,
IBS, and right now
shocks, bites, weird itches

Brismom, let me tell you that I've had a lot doubts regarding to this as well, sometimes I exterminate myself and see I don't fully fit the fibro bill, but then I reconsider and tell myself not everyone will experience the disease in a similar way. If you are still undiagnosed tho... and you already went thru with the tender point test and it was negative, but you have been aching for a while, then there is a big chance it could be CFS! Only a rheumatologist could tell for sure tho.

By the way, if I'm not mistaken a member posted a similar thread, talking about CFS and fibro and how those two could be easily confused. I really think there are so few differences between those two, but is of my understanding that the key to diagnose is the tender point test. I could be wrong tho, but from my experience with different doctor this is how I saw it was.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back