Not open for further replies.

Lsjmtreas

Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Ky
Hello all, I don't even know how to begin lol. I'll be forty this year. My mother has fibro and r.a. I have hurt in various places on my body for years now but I have HAD it with this now.:twisted: my pain is in muscles, joints, I'm starting to get migraines, and HORRIBLE menses ( hope that's not tmi). I'm having a hysterectomy next month so there's a solution to that :mrgreen: My primary doc put me on flexeril, I realllllly hate it. Can't take it often bc it makes me tired and I'm already tired for Pete's sake! Hehe. He then sent me tot the only rheumatologist in the closest town, that guy put me on vitamin d, which I'm already on just a smaller dose than why he gave. Saw me one more time said he could find nothing wrong and told me to take Tylenol. Oh gosh! Why didn't I think of that? :roll: My OB had me on tramadol for during periods, which helped both the menses but also the rest of the pain? Anyway...I did some research on docs in my area online and my primary md said he wanted a second opinion so scheduled me with this gentleman. I go this month. The whole thing for me right now is I'm so afraid of them not believing me. My husband thinks I'm just "like everyone else, everyone has pain". I don't necessarily believe that, but I'm sure they do, just not to this extent. Fibro in my experience has been something few drs believed in for a long time. I guess that's changing. You see all this stuff on the news about prescription drug abusers and dr shopping etc. so I guess I've got it in my head that this new guy will take me for one. Idk. I've yakked enough. Thanks for the group! And for letting me vent.

Welcome to the forum. Just a suggestion, when you see this new doctor just tell him your worse symptoms. The ones that have become unbearable. Reason for this is if you complain to much these types of doctors will tune you out thinking your a nut case and be rude in their replies to you and in your medical records. Be strong and act confident even if your scared. This helps give you an edge on finding your diagnosis.

When I went to a rheumatologist, he wanted my entire history of my illness in 15 minutes. I looked at him like he was the nut case and said I brought you my records your holding them in your hands. He said tell me everything. Of course that is when the brain fog set in and my mind went blank. Even though he was rude and in a big hurry, after four visits, and lay out of lots of money, I received my diagnosis.

So always go prepared with notes for yourself if necessary and have courage that this doctor will be able to help you. Also continue to come here and learn coping skills and hints on management of pain and depression. I am glad you found this forum and that being here is helping you. :)

Thank you SO much! I will definitely follow your advice. I'm always so afraid they'll think I'm nuts bc frankly, I thought it lol. It's real though so, yea...my copayment will pi$$ me off enough for the courage I'm sure lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back