Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
hedon
Well I don't know whether to say helping or not.

I'm a person who usually had 6-8 teas per day, so I'm not at the stage where caffeine has little positive effect, but yesterday I withdrew completely and my CFS and fibro symptoms where exacerbated. However seeing as I'm come off withdrawal and have almost returned to normal, I'm finding caffeine is picking me up again. This had actually me my fibro symptoms virtually disappear.

So I'm suggesting that both caffeine itself can be a short term solution, but addiction and withdrawal will make problems worse.

It's hard to say in your situation. Are you sure it's the caffeine that's helping and not the tea itself? I drink 2-4 mugs of organic green tea most days, sometimes I'll have black instead. Too much caffeine causes anxiety issues for me, which makes my pain worse. For me, too much caffeine is more than one cup of black coffee or a quarter of an 85% dark chocolate bar. As long as I don't cross the line with caffeine, it is very helpful for my energy levels and mental function. I really can't say I've noticed any benefit for pain, though.

Wish I could comment but I almost never have caffeine because it causes migraines for me...

I must have caffeine in the mornings. I only need it when I first rise. Otherwise, I would sleep all day.

I do not enjoy the taste unless I could put cream and sugar in it.

Uhm, actually I haven't even paid attention to that in the past... I used to drink a lot coffee and tea! I didn't really notice any when when I dropped it, but again my memory isn't what it used to be! I had to stop consuming caffeine because my migraines started to get really awful.

Caffeine is the only way I can keep my job. I know I'm an addict. I wish I weren't. But if I don't drink at least 32 ounces of coffee (triple strength, mind you), I can't stay awake at my desk. Some days I drink as much as 64 oz. I try to back off on days I'm feeling better, but on days I'm struggling to make it till quitting time, coffee is my life line.

I am caffiene sensitive..i think i would cope with the day better drinking it, but then would never sleep...having tiredness from d deficiency , so if i start drooping, take a few sips of cola...i would love to be one of those folks that can drink it all day and slep still

Woah, Corvid! I tried drinking coffee, but the caffeine caused a crash in my system after a few hours. That's when I understood that if I wanted to reap the full benefits of caffeine I had to drink more than one cup a day in order to keep things going steadily. Yup, once you start drinking coffee to stay awake like that it's impossible not to become an addict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back