Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2015
Country
US
State
FL
:( I just got home from the ENT today. He did an ultrasound on a lump in my throat and he found two smaller ones on the other side. Then he did TWO rounds of needle biopsies. OUCH! My neck is so tender now. I will find out in two weeks what the results are.
I have to say the thought of a possible surgery down the road scares me. I have never had any surgery of any kind.
The thing of it is my blood work came back negative for thyroid problems.

Awww Hun try to to worry. I no it's hard but two weeks is a long time to panic. Look at it this way everyday that goes past means less to worry about ,
If it's something nasty they tell u straight away .
And even if it is better to know now and deal with it. Sending u big hugs ,xxxx

I got good news today from my ENT. Biopsy results were benign. Yay! I'm still going to have to have surgery. I have to do a barium swallow x-ray and after that schedule the surgery. My husband and I are glad that he wants to do it as an outpatient, so that I can recover at home. He is going to remove the left lobe and the isthmus. After that we will just watch the side. I feel much better knowing that everything is going to be ok.
I even talked with him about the surgery and fibro and he was very understanding. He did say that I might have some breakthrough pain, but he also told me he would be giving me something for pain after the surgery. I feel that I'm in good hands with this doctor and I like his bedside manner. We need more of these.
P.S. thank you Forgetmenot for your response it helped me deal with this. :)

Glad to hear that the lumps were benign. Hope all goes well with surgery and you have a quick and easy recovery.

I'm so glad it was good news.

Yaaaa great news x

Why are they doing surgery if your tests came back negative ?

Hi moe1959. The nodule is pressing on my throat, so it makes it hard to swallow at times. I've done a lot of research on this and I'm comfortable with my ENT. The surgery will help. I don't look forward to any pain that might happen but I'm keeping an open mind about this. He believes it will help me and I'm all for a little help here and there. :)
Thanks for asking.

Gentle hugs

I have an update. I got a call from the doctor's office this morning. I'm set to have my thyroid surgery on Aug. 17th. Everything is happening so fast. I'm glad that it is because that's less time for me to think about it. :)

your going to do great. so happy for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back