Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
07/2015
Country
US
State
SC
Hey there! I'm 24 and was diagnosed last week with fibromyalgia. I've had signs for about 10 years, but over the past two I have really seemed to be struggling. 2 years ago I was diagnosed with Polycysticovariansyndrome and endomitriosis which also both cause chronic pain. 3 years ago I could climb waterfalls! I went hiking 2 times a week! Now I can't even make it up a flight or two of stairs... I feel so defeated by all of the things I have been diagnosed with. My PCOS makes it impossible to lose weight and all kinds of crazy stuff and then this fibro comes along... I just feel like I can't do anything. I'm 24 and pain is my life... I've had insomnia since I was 10. I honestly feel like I haven't slept since then. I'm very depressed and don't understand why I haven't been prescribed anything like lyrica yet. I'm tired. I'm tired of restless legs, back spasms that take my breath away every night when I lay down. I'm sorry for the negativity I just joined this site to get this off my chest because I feel very alone and trapt in my pain and this makes me angry because I'm so positive... Usually

Get yourself a new Dr. Or go in and say ok I NEED pain relief.and be clear on that. Tell them yes Iim Young but I don't have a life right now.i need something to help me sleep.i can cope any longer.
Sometimes u really do need to stand your ground and demand something.

I am 49 and like you just a few years ago I was an avid hiker, and was physically fit. I know how hard it is, and you are not alone. If you don't have a friend or family member to vent to, perhaps counseling would help. Having a good support system is crucial in dealing with the anxiety and down days. I am a new member here, and while I don't post often;just knowing others are dealjng with the same issues helps A LOT.

I asked my doc about medicine and he gave me two shots in my back and said he couldn't give me anything until the last blood test came in, just to be sure. I see him again in a week so fingers crossed that he will give me something.

Thank you for the support twiggy! It does feel better to have someone know exactly how shitty it is not to hike anymore! It was seriously my favorite thing to do. I feel embarrassed not being able to do the same trails and to not even enjoy it from being in so much pain. Does this get better?

Hippychick.

First your not alone and you came here for support. this is a first step to pain relief. keep venting as it helps all of us when you do that.
as forgetmenot said you need a new doctor. ask the doctor right up front "do you believe in Fibromyalgia"?. if he/she says no i dont.
tell him thanks for being honest and tell him you would like your money back for today's visit. walk out.

getting a shot in your neck is temp relief and thats how the doc makes his money by having you come back every 4-6 months.
you might as well poke a stick in your eye. its doing the same good as the shot is.

as you are new, i want you to find my post in general discussions called "starting a daily log book and why it helps".
you will learn from that post and it helps me deal with the doctors. it will help you too. start now while your young.
learn from us and learn about how your body processes meds and other things.

get a quality of life so you can do some things. do them slowly as forget says "Pace yourself".

keep asking questions and feel free to private msg me anytime you want. my door is always open.
you need answers and were are all here to give them to you.

you can do this! be strong and learn as much as you can.

I understand how you are feeling. My meds have been changed twice. You are a prisoner in your own body. People just don't understand what you are going thru. I suggest that you take it easy ,don't do too much. We all understand what you are going thru. If you need to Vent, then Vent all you want. I used to walk 3-4 miles a day, now I'm lucky if I can even walk a block.

@Hippiechick91 : your story seems similar as mine although you are struggling for 1 decade and I am for 2 :(, read my posts, I was down for like 19 odd years and I am 50% recovered already in the last 15 days, only when I came to know that I have fibromyalgia, I hope you get better soon.

PS: I am very positive for the next 50% and I am experimenting ..

Cheers
Rahul

My Mom's friend has the same doc and she says he is waiting for my blood work to all come back before he prescribes me something. He gave me a steroid shot the first time and then idk what he stuck me with but it was two in the middle of my lower back and I didn't have to sit forever like a steroid. Thank you so much everyone for all your support and not judging me fr my negativity! You rock!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back