Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
UK
State
denbighshire
Afternoon all

I live in the UK and have not been diagnosed with fibro and my doctor doesnt feel like i have it.

I have suffered with painful "points" on my body (top on arms, back, shoulders, chest and knees)

They are painful with AND WITHOUT touch.

i suffer from terrible anxiety (think im going to die most days) and im always tired.

if i stub or bang any part of my body, even slightly it hurts sooo bad.

I sleep qute well some days and not so good other days.

Do you think i could have fibro?

It sounds like fibro to me. I have those same symptoms plus others and have been diagnosed with Fibro.

It sounds like fibro to me. I have those same symptoms plus others and have been diagnosed with Fibro.

what other symptoms do you have?

I also have terrible light-headedness, and heavy arms and legs

Depression. Random knife like pains all over that last for a moment to hours. Constant back and neck pain. Headaches daily. Pins and needles and hot and cold sensations. Muscle spasms and weakness. Extreme fatigue. Light-headedness and dizzyness. Irritable bowels. Forgetfulness or the feeling that I just cant think straight. Those are my most common symptoms.

i get some of those symptoms but not all.

Like im not in pain everyday, i actually mite be ok for a week or so.

I do suffer bad sharp/stabbing headaches and the neurologist doesn't know what causes them and i do think i have IBS.

I think my doctor thinks its all in my head cus i look fine. all the bloods, egc are fine.

I also suffer from palpitations and ectopic beats, is that a symptom?

what do you take to ease it?

I don't know about the palpitations and ectopic beats.

I think a lot of people think it's all in our heads because we appear to be fine. It is real though.

I am on Gabapentin (for nerves), Duloxitine (cymbalta), and meloxicam (nsaid). I don't feel like they are helping me much, as I still have daily symptoms. But, my fibro has done nothing but increase in severity over the last several years, so it may be helping more than I realize.

The biggest thing my doctor says will help is daily exercise. I did 8 sessions of Physical therapy and got a short pool routine and a short land routine of exercises that don't aggravate my pain so badly. Now it's up to me to do it. I am up to around 4 days a week doing a workout.

Im limited to what exercise as i also have tiezies syndrome and if i lift do twist funny im in severe pain :(

mt ectopic beats and palps are really scaring me, but egc's have been normal

I think you should ask your doctor for a referral to a Rheumatologist.

ive been to see one and they basically said there's nothing they can do for me and i just need to take pain killers :(

In the US they are so hesitant to start anyone on pain killers these days I still don't have any. Then when you ask for them they tend to act like you're just a druggie or something. It makes it hard for me to want to ask even though I would really like to have something for breakthrough pain. Ibprofen doesn't touch my pain and that is all they will tell me to take.
Good luck to you meljenks. Maybe you need a different doctor.

In the US they are so hesitant to start anyone on pain killers these days I still don't have any. Then when you ask for them they tend to act like you're just a druggie or something. It makes it hard for me to want to ask even though I would really like to have something for breakthrough pain. Ibprofen doesn't touch my pain and that is all they will tell me to take.
Good luck to you meljenks. Maybe you need a different doctor.

Thank you, i need it lol here in the UK its not that bad. ive been prescribed 30/500 co-codamol and naproxen for my tiezies and that seems to kind of work...but not all the time.

My mother is on Tramadol for her back and they were reluctant to give that out.

hello mel and dizzy,

you have fibro and your neuro should have done the tender points test on you by now. ask him or her if they believe in fibro.
if not get to a new doctor that believes.

Exercise: i use a body blade. they have a one minute work out. it works every muscle and is great for us fibro folks.
just keep moving, this will help you.

the doctor is right the pain drugs and the others that are approved for fibro is all we have to cope.

the gabapentin, you should see a reduced number of knifes with that med. not really less pain.

the cymbalta helps some with pain but not much. please read the side effects of that drug. vision loss is one of them. keep your eyes!
use the pain killers. thats just what i think. the drug blocks serotonin to the brain reducing the number of pain signals it receives from the muscles. lyrica took my left eye per two doctors.

ask your doctor for break through pain meds. use the daily log book to help you.
when you read that post i put out there you will see why doctors dont just give out pain meds.

if you can take regular aspirin, that helps me really reduce my pains. the IBprophin does nothing for me.

keep learning about fibro and the other things that come with it. knowledge is your key to reduced pain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back