Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
06/2016
Country
US
State
NY
Wow, I've been having weird calf and shin pain. What I'm concerned about is that my right calf is noticably worse. Does anyone get worse on one side ?? It feels like a pulled muscle but not quite. Like it's going to cramp and then doesn't. Anyone? It's just too stressful always worrying that we have something other than Fibro. I feel scared and defeated most days anymore.

Hi Sarafina. The last few days I've been getting what feels like shin splints. I've had those before, pre-fibro, & these don't feel quite the same. I don't know whether it's because I am walking a large dog that I purchased 5 days ago or if it's another weird fibro thing. Fibro is so encompassing that it's really hard to know. We see enough doctors & even with a good one, they often have no idea. We get caught between not sure if it's serious enough to warrant an appointment & not wanting so see another doctor ever again. Anyway, I can't offer any advice, just know that I understand.

I hope I am not speaking out of turn but fibro is random ever changing pain everywhere.....there is in my experience no set pattern type of pain or limit.

By all means get it checked I know some folks need that reassurance...if I went over every new pain I would live at the doctors surgery for the last 9 years.

I know its all new to you Sarafina....you may find this current pain disappears or moves any time.

Are you aware that whatever muscles you use are likely to hurt...so if you've been walking its our normal for any part or all of the legs knees and feet to hurt...in fact it's pretty lucky if they don't.

Try resting between activities and try not to panic...in a years time you will have more of a handle on your new body and the way it reacts will become more familiar....I know it's so hard and i'm sorry you've got this little monster to deal with x

Oh and both sides don't react the same the whole thing is like a random lottery....my left side is generally weaker and starts with more pain but it can change so the right side hurts just as much and sometimes worse.

Thanks Guys. Willow you are right, I'm pretty new and still at the paranoia phase. This feels like the calf is about to cramp any.minute but it never does. Have you ever had that feeling?? It's crazy that this causes such crazy worries that there is something more serious (hate to say that) but fatal..its causing such anxiety
Oh, and don't let me forget to mention the internal vibrationsthat now don't even go away at all.....ugh..sniff sniff

oh Sarafina I understand its so mind blowing...i have the internal vibrations too all the time......it's not life threatening hun its just mind threatening living with it all!

Sending you a virtual hug stay here and keep asking and venting...its horrible horrible illness ....i cant answer about the cramp feeling because my legs and whole body hurt so much all the time with stabbing cramping burning that i no longer analyze each bit of me is at what level.

If you are noticing in some ways that's positive because it means it wasn't there so will almost certainly go again. Look after yourself...take your mind off it as best you can with pleasurable activities....stretch rest walk a bit and try not to fret if its not unbearable try hard to appreciate the good parts of the day and the things you can still do.

I say this to try and help as for many years my fibro was horrid but i could still do lots of things with pacing and rest between...I would grab that in a heart beat now and don't want you to waste precious better hours or days focusing on things that most likely will improve....take care Sarafina x

I have a very bad issue in my right hip, the pain in my body seems to be considerably worse on my right side. Very alarming...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back