Reason
DX FIBRO
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
Blank
I have three kids ages7,4, and 9 months. I guess I've been having these symptoms progressively worse for years. I quit work because of stress 3 years ago but now I think it may have been because of the fibro symptoms. I can laugh off knocking over a whole display of salsa in the grocery store or losing my keys three times while trying to load the groceries in the car during the same visit. :eek: I'll take the pain because I don't want to not be there for my kids but the hardest thing is being too tired, too grouchy and inpatient. I'm not myself anymore. It's devastating to have given up everything this past year but I refuse to give up trying to be a good mom.

I'm trying to focus on the positive. I've given up gluten because it magnifies my pain and anxiety to where I can't control it. I focus on breathing and relaxing every single muscles in my hands since that's my problem area.

Anyone else out there with kids trying to manage this on their own? Oh, I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia in August.

Hi there...I also have 3 kids (14, 12, and 7) and I'm also easily irritated. I have been home -- the couch and I have become good buddies -- since May. We 'used' to be quite active. But now, I feel really good when I manage to get the kids supper. I have recently learned that I can tolerate about 2 hours of activity before needing a rest. The worst for me is the fatigue. Even though my kids have learned to hug me without touching my neck and shoulders because they know I wince from the sunburned feeling. It is not easy for me learning my new limits, but I'm determined to get on with life and be the best wife and mom I can be and find a 'new normal.'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back