Reason
Other
Diagnosis
00/0000
Country
US
State
FL
I was told yesterday about something called R factor. I did a search here and nothing came up.

Can anyone enlighten me?

No R factor that I am aware of, but there is an RF, Rheumatoid factor.

Do you know what the numbers should be?

My X texted me and told me about an " R " factor saying it should be around 9.

Since it may take me 6 months to see a Rheumatologist is this a test that plain ole primary care doctors can order?

She said this is a blood test.

Thanks for answering

Do you know what the numbers should be?

My X texted me and told me about an " R " factor saying it should be around 9.

Since it may take me 6 months to see a Rheumatologist is this a test that plain ole primary care doctors can order?

She said this is a blood test.

Thanks for answering

yes and primary docs usually do it to rule out or( rule in )rheumatoid arthritis.

yes and primary docs usually do it to rule out or( rule in )rheumatoid arthritis.

TY Wineisfine. This stands as a good example of what X is X.

Seems to me that things could be so simple if....

Probably means RF = rheumatoid factor, which is a blood test and can indicate whether you might have rheumatoid arthritis or not. Always a good thing to check if your doctor hasn't already.
No idea what "R" would be, if it's something else...

If I find out more I'm be sharing it here.

It surprises me on one hand what some HB's find to be so about whatever it is that ails them. It is also curious to me how some HB's fight so hard for what they believe to be true as if to say: this is true for me so it must be true for everyone else. If I learned anything in my life I've learned that BELIEFS mean that the likeliness of something working is critically related to said "BELIEF". it is also known as PLACEBO effect and as I see it and thinking about it I also think that is what "Snake Oil " sales people discovered: if a person BELIEVES that a product works the customer becomes one of the best advocates for a product.

Somewhere in-between the the snake oil, and the medications that are used and said to work there is a relative connection of things that help some people.

When I committed to living in California it became obvious to me that there were more treatments for everything that anywhere else I had ever lived. Those people who believed in clearing a house of bad vibes and or bad spirits with sage burning were very convincing. I didn't see that it would hurt and found often that it worked. I deducted that one can empower a ritual and or a belief to a degree that science would be hard pressed to discover that having the sage burning down had more positive outcomes than not doing it.
On Netflix's Frankie and Grace Lily Tomlin exhibits a classic California type who believe in ALL of those cleansing practices " rituals " while her friend Grace
( Jane Fonda ). thinks that she is a nut case for practicing and believing in such pseudo-scientific " NON-SENSE " but as the show progresses Jane ( Grace ) starts trying things and finds that it helps her with basic " feel good " aspects of life.

Are there REAL lessons that can be learned from TV shows? I think yes.

I lived in California for about 15 or 20 years over time and in my heart California is HOME. It speaks to me when the plane lands and I will go back to partisipate in programs that are usually not offered elsewhere.

If I speak of my experiences as being this or that I'm speaking of MY EXPERIENCES and I am not TRYING to sell any of them to anyone here. That said I would think that if something jumps out and a member wants to know more from me I will gladly tell them what I discovered and or experienced.

In a " free country " anyone here can disagree with me all they want that is THEIR choice and their experiences that lead to their challenges of comments to the contrary. Dare I mention what we see and hear daily on TV or in the news paper that relates to politics? Most of that stuff turns me off and sadly IMHO leads to the violence that I fought to allow. How we got to this place in our country is a mystery to me. But it happens with FREEDOM to say and to express your beliefs. I rather live here than other alternatives.

So light the incenses and burn the sage and do your best to be civil to others who think differently than you.

Peace,
VanGogh

Wow! You're a deep thinker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back