Very interested in your opinions and ideas re- the seeming explosion fibro diagnosis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fibromyalgia is a real thing. My child has had it since she was an infant. I can trace symptoms back to practically the day she was born. She has certainly gotten her D levels and B12 levels up. It helps, but it is not the final answer. There is also an association between fibro and problems in iron metabolism. My daughter is frequently anemic. Again -- it helps, but is not the final answer.

I do believe doctors are more aware of fibromyalgia because Lyrica was approved for treatement of Lyrica, and the manufacturer works with doctors to make them aware of it. Doctors see no real need to make a diagnosis when there's not practical treatment for them to offer. So, there probably are more diagnoses made these days. Lyrica is awful stuff, BTW, so I don't think you'd be missing much if you chose not to take it.

My daughter has gained a great deal of improvement with supplements. She's not cured, but she is much better. She needs a lot of fish oil, a,b,c and d vitamins, high does magnesium and malic acid, NAC detox regulators, co q10, and a few others. We don't do multivitamins because they don't seem to work very well.

She also finds that avoiding gluten and animal protein and focusing on a fruit and veggie diet can help when she is feeling particularly bad. Chipotle veggie bowl is one of our standbys.
Hi there.
Hmm very interesting.i have an iron definciency also.
Oh yes fibro is definitley real.Its just frustrating not knowing what it is.
My daughter also has fibro and ME her diet has never been goiod and she also has deficiencies.
Ive started using chlorella and aloe,my diet is reasonable, i eat loads of vege etc..
Interesting you knew your daughter was unwell so early,i think back to issues mine had with her joints and things when she was very young.x rays never showed anything.
As for lyrica yes i am very aware having seen many people suffering.ive had serious issues with prescribed meds in the past and do not and will not ever touch them dispite the gp trying to push and push like they do.x

Hi remnant,:) what do you mean by another issue altogether?
Trellum hi, yeah maybe thats it. I still cant help feeling big bucks to be made out fibro though.
Im still trying to wrap my head around the fact that they say this is life long?i find it difficult to accept statements like that when no one even knows what the cause is, let alone "what" it is...
Im not at alli n denial that fibro exists incase in comes across that way...i know all too well that it does..:-/
Hope you guys are as well as can be...x

I know what you mean, it's so hard to believe that during these ''modern'' times there are diseases that don't seem to have a functional origin. IBS is another example, and it seems a lot fibro sufferers suffer from IBS as well, I was reading that those two are most often found in women, how odd is that? I do really think there is a link between those two :( Guess we I will never know... the more I read about this kind of things, the more I feel like we are not that advanced as we like to believe when it comes to medicine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back