Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I've had fibro for better than 2 years. It has taken a LOT out of me. I have been battling it unsuccessfully, until this past week when I had a breakthrough I'm interesting in sharing.
It has been noticeable to me from the start how stiff, rigid I am. I have knots or balls at the commencment and ending of each muscle. Legs, arms, wrists, feet, neck big time anyway all I've every done to rectify this is gone for a massage once a month. It's made little difference. I found myself like an 80 year old (Í'm 49), grunting and groaning with every movement. Hating to get up or down or in or out, moving period just hurt. I did walking when I could and I admit oftimes I'd be unwilling initially and yet after I got going I'd feel marginally better.
To get to the point, what I decided 2 weeks ago is to concentrate on stretching. I think the physio dept are a waist of time as you can do it on your own. So I just started slowly stretching any which way that pulled on those tense ligaments. 10 days into it I had quit the grunting and groaning! I thought what the heck, no way, simple stretching. Well, it's been only like 4 days but other than my back I HAVE NOT HAD ANY PAINS. I still have the knots that I tend to rub on which hurts like heck but the aches and shooting pains are gone. Get rid of the pain and you can throw away the pain killers that do us so much damage in and of themselves.
So please on the advice of your doctor try stretching - I can't believe how much better I feel, makes me feel hopeful about my future - for my quality of life.

Glad you found something that works Pall. Thanks for sharing. Welcome also.

AL.

hi pall ,good for you,i am so pleased for you but just one thing.............please dont overdo it sweetie.
take real good care,caroline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back